Re: Ensemble RXTX with USB2SDR

  • sv1eia
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
      Hi John,

      Based on what I know, those that have an Ensemble have started the easy way, to have the option of two USB connections at first and see how it goes. So no major surgery there yet.

      On the other hand, (I guess I dont count :-) ), both of my older Softrock RxTx v6.2 have a Si570 little board from Dave and they are connected directly here, controlled by the USB2SDR I2C connector.

      Some though have connected it directly to other homebrew rigs as the UHFSDR, which I think gives you a hint
      -> http://www.lampradio.net/USB2SDR.html

      Regarding the VAC, for regular SSB/CW/etc operation, is switched off as it is supposed to, so PowerSDR is working in 'Normal' mode.

      Yet it is still used but only to where it should, and that is in the DigiModes to read/write the audio stream to another digital stream application, otherwise the USB2SDR has all the channels required (4+4) for complete RxTx in 'Supported' mode.

      For some insight regarding the RJ45 connection of an external handheld Mic with PTT, there is some info here, very draft but I think you could get the picture on how versatile the mic connection is. I use it with my Icom HM-103
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/USB2SDR%20Guide/

      Some of the experiences and success stories are pictured in the files and the photos sections of powersdr-iq group.

      73,
      Christos SV1EIA