Divider in Ensemble RXTX

  • kc5kwz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 6:56 PM
      I have frequency on the QSE CLK 0,1,2 and 3 all reading as 14080 not 7040

      Did a double check and everything seems right other than that.

      What am I missing?

      Thanks 73s

      KC5KWZ
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 9:57 PM
        >I have frequency on the QSE CLK 0,1,2 and 3 all reading as 14080 not 7040
        >
        > Did a double check and everything seems right other than that.
        >
        > What am I missing?

        Probably a good joint to pins 7/8 on the Si570

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 3:32 AM
          Yes, what you see is right.  The net effect is to divide the 40m clock cycle into four 90 degree segments when the Si570 is clocking at 28 MHz.  QSE CLK 0 and 1 for example will provide the codes 10, 11, 01, and 00 at a 40m rate.

          Tony Parks
          kb9yig@...
          http://www.kb9yig.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 7:52 AM
            From: "Tony Parks"
            Subject: Re: [softrock40] Divider in Ensemble RXTX

            One of us has got confused.

            KC5KWZ said ">> I have frequency on the QSE CLK 0,1,2 and 3 all reading as
            14080 not
            >> 7040

            This confused me, I see only QSE 0, 1 and QSD 0, 1

            These should be 1/4 of the Si570 clock?
            If they are 14.08Mhz then the Si570 is running at 56.32MHz, not being
            controlled by the AVR?

            73 Alan G4ZFQ

            > Yes, what you see is right. The net effect is to divide the 40m clock
            > cycle into four 90 degree segments when the Si570 is clocking at 28 MHz.
            > QSE CLK 0 and 1 for example will provide the codes 10, 11, 01, and 00 at
            > a 40m rate.
            >
            > 73,
            > --
            >
            > Tony Parks
            > kb9yig@...
            > http://www.kb9yig.com
            >

            > On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 01:56 +0000, kc5kwz wrote:
            >

            >> I have frequency on the QSE CLK 0,1,2 and 3 all reading as 14080 not
            >> 7040
            >>
            >> Did a double check and everything seems right other than that.
            >>
            >> What am I missing?
            >>
            >> Thanks 73s
            >>
            >> KC5KWZ

          • Tony Parks
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2 10:27 AM
              Right you are Alan.   Each of the QSD 0 and 1 signals, (or QSE 0 and 1 signals),  are at 1/4 of the Si570 frequency and in quadrature with each other.

              Sorry for my not properly thought through posting.   (I wander is many hours spent counting resistors addles the brain?)

              Tony Parks
              kb9yig@...
              http://www.kb9yig.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2 11:31 AM

                > Sorry for my not properly thought through posting. (I wander is many
                > hours spent counting resistors addles the brain?)

                Tony,

                I'm glad to see that occasionally someone else makes a bad post. I don't
                want a monopoly.
                I don't envy you with your counting but am very glad you do it!

                73 Alan G4ZFQ
              • kc5kwz
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2 9:01 PM
                  I reworked the solder on the SI570. Got it working.
                  Thanks guys!