Re: Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown device" Windows 7

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
      Have you tried booting up your PC with it already plugged into the USB socket.
      I have had this happen to me when using a griffen powermate.
      Now I have to plug the powermate into the USB via a hub.

      Philip g7jur.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "slavikmipt" <slavikmipt@...> wrote:

      > Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?

    • Vyacheslav Bazhenov
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
        all joints are OK, tried to boot up PC without any USB devices except SDR - "Unknown device", maybe it's old firmware?
      • hrpch
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011
          I've had the same problem. I tried plugging it into 3 different computers, Win XP, Vista, but get same "Unknown Device" in all. Can't install driver.

          Could it be it a deffective ATTiny85 ?

          Did you find a solution ?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown
            device" Windows 7

            > I've had the same problem. I tried plugging it into 3 different computers,
            > Win XP, Vista, but get same "Unknown Device" in all. Can't install driver.
            >
            > Could it be it a deffective ATTiny85 ?

            It is usually a bad joint or wrong component.
            IF you are sure everything is correct then a bad ATTiny is possible.
            But you must be sure that Windows has never detected it and installed it as
            an "Unknown Device".