Re: [softrock40] Pennywhistle with Softrock

  • Adam Sampson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
      "Chuck" <chuck@...> writes:

      > The filter back requires an SPI input provided by a processor board
      > [...]

      I've thought a few times that it'd be nice to have some spare IO pins
      provided on the SoftRock boards for things like this -- e.g. use an
      ATmega328 or similar rather than the current 8-pin AVR. One of the
      projects I've been meaning to get around to for a while is to add a
      transmitter to my Xtall+Lite 9.0 (i.e. build the transmitter half of the
      RXTX design, using the existing Si570's output), but in order to get
      enough IO pins to be able to toggle PTT etc. I'll have to retrofit a
      larger AVR and port the firmware across.

      I guess one approach would be to make a SoftRock "shield" for the
      Arduino development boards; that'd give you loads of IO pins, and would
      also work with the Arduino-compatible ARM boards if you wanted to build
      a standalone radio. (Hm, and you could even do separate RX/TX/filter
      shields... maybe this is worth playing with.)

      Thanks,

      --
      Adam Sampson <ats@...> <http://offog.org/>
    • Alex lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hi all,

        You mighht be interested in Loftur's project with an ATMEGA controller. There are several other controllers with software for LPF switching, including UBW, AT90USB' and AT32UC3A3 etc., with differing capabilities and complexity. See for example :

        http://sites.google.com/site/lofturj/softrock6_3#TOC-Project:---USB-controller-based-on-

        Sent from my iPad