Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown device" Windows 7

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
      ----- Original Message -----

      Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown device"
      Windows 7

      > Hi, built digital part of Ensemble RX II ,have a trouble "Unknown device"
      > I don't have any wireless devices, just USB wired mouse. I tried to delete
      > it and use ps2 mouse, but it didn't solve a problem. Windows 7 doesn't
      > allow to install driver manually. Please help with driver installation.

      Is this page not helpful?
      <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/index.shtml#install> I
      don't remember anyone saying they cannot install on W7.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • slavikmipt
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
        Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
          > Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not
          > driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output
          > with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny
          > pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?

          It could be a bad joint showing up. Check all, especially the ground pin and
          ground connections..
          Have you looked at Robby's page and done the checks there?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Philip
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
            Have you tried booting up your PC with it already plugged into the USB socket.
            I have had this happen to me when using a griffen powermate.
            Now I have to plug the powermate into the USB via a hub.

            Philip g7jur.

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "slavikmipt" <slavikmipt@...> wrote:

            > Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?

          • Vyacheslav Bazhenov
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
              all joints are OK, tried to boot up PC without any USB devices except SDR - "Unknown device", maybe it's old firmware?
            • hrpch
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011
                I've had the same problem. I tried plugging it into 3 different computers, Win XP, Vista, but get same "Unknown Device" in all. Can't install driver.

                Could it be it a deffective ATTiny85 ?

                Did you find a solution ?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011