Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown device" Windows 7

  • slavikmipt
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi, built digital part of Ensemble RX II ,have a trouble "Unknown device" I don't have any wireless devices, just USB wired mouse. I tried to delete it and use ps2 mouse, but it didn't solve a problem. Windows 7 doesn't allow to install driver manually. Please help with driver installation.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011

        Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown device"
        Windows 7

        > Hi, built digital part of Ensemble RX II ,have a trouble "Unknown device"
        > I don't have any wireless devices, just USB wired mouse. I tried to delete
        > it and use ps2 mouse, but it didn't solve a problem. Windows 7 doesn't
        > allow to install driver manually. Please help with driver installation.

        Is this page not helpful?
        <http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/index.shtml#install> I
        don't remember anyone saying they cannot install on W7.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • slavikmipt
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
          Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II troubles with driver "Unknown
            device" Windows 7

            > Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not
            > driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output
            > with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny
            > pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?

            It could be a bad joint showing up. Check all, especially the ground pin and
            ground connections..
            Have you looked at Robby's page and done the checks there?

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Philip
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
              Have you tried booting up your PC with it already plugged into the USB socket.
              I have had this happen to me when using a griffen powermate.
              Now I have to plug the powermate into the USB via a hub.

              Philip g7jur.

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "slavikmipt" <slavikmipt@...> wrote:

              > Tried to install on different PC and OS, and concluded that it's not driver's mistake, think I have broken Attiny85. Tested synthesizer output with connected USB there is AC signal, but there is no signal at attiny pins. Does it mean that it's broken? How can i test it?

            • Vyacheslav Bazhenov
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
                all joints are OK, tried to boot up PC without any USB devices except SDR - "Unknown device", maybe it's old firmware?
              • hrpch
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011
                  I've had the same problem. I tried plugging it into 3 different computers, Win XP, Vista, but get same "Unknown Device" in all. Can't install driver.

                  Could it be it a deffective ATTiny85 ?

                  Did you find a solution ?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 24, 2011
                    device" Windows 7

                    > I've had the same problem. I tried plugging it into 3 different computers,
                    > Win XP, Vista, but get same "Unknown Device" in all. Can't install driver.
                    >
                    > Could it be it a deffective ATTiny85 ?

                    It is usually a bad joint or wrong component.
                    IF you are sure everything is correct then a bad ATTiny is possible.
                    But you must be sure that Windows has never detected it and installed it as
                    an "Unknown Device".