Ensemble RXTX--damaged SCR?

  • Ralph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      I'm just at the USB power supply stage and can't get 3.3 volts at R10 hole. I do get 5 volts at the lower right of U2 as prescribed.

      I've carefully inspected all solder joints and see nothing suspicious...except pin 3 of the scr looks as if it's broken off. Solder does not "climb up" the side of the component as it does on the other pins. I don't have a microscope but with double reading glasses and a good magnifier, I can't see the pin.

      What now?

      Ralph Bolt