Ensemble II VHF

  • Sebastian, W4AS
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30 2:11 PM
      I'm in the RF front end portion of building my 6 meter VHF Softrock, and I have a question.

      C13 is a 150pF ceramic capacitor which is supposed to have a 151 mark.  Unfortunately, I can't find any ceramic capacitors with this mark in my kit.  I also have another VHF kit that I haven't started on yet, and I opened it up to look for it.  It's not in there either.

      However, there is a ceramic capacitor with a 116 RAN mark which I can't find in Robby's Bill of Materials.  There should only be one C13 with the kit, and there is only one ceramic capacitor with a 116 mark (in both of my VHF kits).

      So I'm guessing that perhaps Tony is substituting this; and if so, perhaps Robby's site should mention that?

      73 de Sebastian, W4AS

    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30 2:30 PM
        Hi Sebastian,

        I check the 150 pF capacitors in the group used for filling the 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble kit order.  The 150 pF capacitors have a blue body and are clearly marked 151J on one face.  If you or others are missing this capacitor or some other kit part,  please send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will get my kit packing error corrected right away.

        Thanks and 73,
        --
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30 2:42 PM
          Indeed there is!

          I didn't look for a blue one as Robby's site shows that one as a tan colored one.

          Thanks for clearing that up Tony.

          73 de Sebastian, W4AS

[...]

        • Dave Watson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30 4:54 PM