Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble II question

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 27, 2011
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble II question

      > It is clear that some of us like SDR
      > Console (with its limitations and defects) and other don't, it is OK,

      Ignacio,

      You are entitled to your opinion, I was expressing mine. If anyone gets
      upset then it is their fault. I do not believe any member sets out to offend
      anyone. It all depends on the reader.

      I have followed the progress of SDR.com from the beginning. Two years ago
      Softrock users were promised great things but, in my opinion, they will not
      happen.
      Maybe I am wrong, but new users should be aware that they may be waiting in
      vain.

      > - Image rejection has to be set manually, yes the same applies to Winrad
      > and HSDR if I´m correct.
      > - I don't need to restart the console to change frequency to any range.

      When I adjust the image rejection it will no longer change the LO frequency.
      Others have found this as well.
      Your system must be different.
      Maybe you use the radio differently. I find the image problem annoying, I
      look for weak signals only to find it is an image of a strong one...

      > - I find the interface very convenient. I recognize that it is a matter
      > of personal tastes and interests, but I like the use of both selectable
      > resolutions (normal and zoom), and the capability of directly changing
      > the frequency (as in PSDR).

      Yes, it looks nice.
      Have you tried the latest HDSDR?
      This does have much better tuning options. It also has zoom. It will soon
      have TX.
      I am not too familiar with the PSDR versions but think some have such
      features.