Re: [softrock40] SR osc using FM transmitter?

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006

      Hi John,

      The v7.0 SoftRock might be good up to 6m but there is a big question if that is so or not.  137.25 MHz I am pretty sure is much to high for the SoftRock without using a converter in front of the SoftRock.

      The v6.0 SoftRock runs out of gas somewhere 10m or lower.  I have built one for 15m and I think it was working ok but additionaly testing is needed.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        Thanks for the reply Tony, the 137meg was just a thought.
        The main question I was asking, is could we use one of those cheap fm broadcast transmitters as a local osc for hf , being very cheap and stable and frequency agile, either by a divide by 4 or 8 cct.