Re: [softrock40] SP40/80 and PSK

  • Geoff Anderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1 3:12 PM
      Yes - you can indeed BUT you can't then run a PSK program to decode - or at
      least I singularly fail to be able to do so.

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1 3:20 PM
        > Just tell to the PowerSDR program that its output
        > sound card is "Virtual Cable 1 Out"

        This I have NO problem with

        , then tell to the PSK program that its input sound card is "Virtual Cable 1
        In".
        But this is where I fall down..,HOW do I tell the PSK program to use virtual
        cable?

        73 de Geoff
        G3NPA
        Geoff.Anderson@...

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2 2:22 AM
          Geoff Anderson wrote:
          >> Just tell to the PowerSDR program that its output
          >> sound card is "Virtual Cable 1 Out"
          >
          > This I have NO problem with
          >
          > , then tell to the PSK program that its input sound card is "Virtual Cable 1
          > In".
          > But this is where I fall down..,HOW do I tell the PSK program to use virtual
          > cable?

          Geoff,

          I am not familiar with that program, but apparently it does not offer to the user the choice of which sound card to
          use (bad decision by the programmer...). This means that it will use whatever card is defined to Windows as the default
          sound card for recording (i.e. for input).

          If this is the case, open the Windows Control Panel, then click on "Sound and Audio Devices", then select the middle
          tab, labeled "Audio", and in that panel specify that "Virtual Cable 1 In" is the default device for sound recording.
          This should make the PSK program using the VAC 1 as input, thus receiving the audio stream output from PowerSDR.

          73 Alberto I2PHD
        • f5jd
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3 4:04 AM
            Hello Geoff

            I use PowerSDR, VAC 3.12 and PSK31 Deluxe with my SDR1K.

            In PowerSDR setup/VC page, I have these data :
            Input : Virtual cable 1 In
            Output : Virtual Cable 2 out
            Buffer size : 2048
            Sample rate : 8000
            Enable VAC is checked
            Enable for digital modes. Disable for others is checked

            In PSK31 deluxe, Soundcard tab :
            Input : Virtual cable 2 in
            Output : Virtual cable 1 out

            73, José F5JD