Re: IF crystals

  • jules@g0nzo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Walter,

      I have built a couple of the V6.0 kits for 30mtrs and hung them from the IF at 10.7 from my IC-R7000.

      Although I have to off-tune because the SoftRock is still crystaled for 10.125MHz, the initial results are promising. Though I did
      note that the signals were a little lower that I'd expect. A single stage of gain, using a MAR6 will probably fix that. But I'm
      happy enough to order the crystals for 10.7MHz.

      BTW Tony, do you have off the shelf crystals available for 10.7MHz ??

      Jules

      Posted by: "ve7wrs" ve7wrs@... wsalden

      Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 am (PST)

      Tony,

      I am interested in a crystal so I can use an SR6 with an Icom R7100. This has a very wide (TV capable) IF output centered on
      10.7Mhz. The second IF is also 10.7Mhz.

      I'm curious what folks have done for this type of application.

      I've got an order in with you for a Delta44 adapter. If you have a crystal that I can experiment with I'll have you include it with
      that shipment.

      Thanks again for all your efforts.

      - Walter

      VE7WRS
    • FRANCIS CARCIA
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        Check your sound card settings and see if the line in level can be increased. The softrock is quite sensitive and does not need gain. Verify the input filter is on frequency. fc

        Posted by: "ve7wrs" ve7wrs@hotmail. com wsalden