Re: Ensemble RXTX 30m/20m/17m success - it's alive!

  • FRED
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      Congrats on you contest results!  I had similar results with my RXTX 6.3 last weekend, I think I made 20 or so DX contacts with the Softrock and 70 or so with my QRO rig (just testing out my newly installed vertical )  8-)

      I am a huge fan of Rocky for CW, I think it is generally underrated by many - I agree with the latency comment with Rocky - "What Latency?"
      And being able to see the whole CW band at one time is really nice - just click on the big signals and GO.

      I have never been able to get any of the PSDR's to work with CW, almost had some luck with the CWX function but eventually gave up on that too and went back to Rocky.  I use PSDR-IQ for SSB only and it is excellent for that purpose.

      I use the USB Soundblaster X-FI for the IQ and my laptop (running XP) soundcard for the mic/speaker.

      It sure is fun!
      72
      WA8PGE - Fred