Re: [softrock40] Re: Softrock sensitivity.

    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 1, 2011
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Re: Softrock sensitivity.

      > I'm still left with not being able to hear much below 1uV and that seems
      > me to be about 20dB deafer than I would expect.

      Martin,
      Sorry but I'm not familiar with how the figures compare with actual
      audibility.
      If you search the messages you will find what others have said.

    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 2, 2011
        http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/sr_lite_ii/04_opamp.htm

        On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Tony Parks included below]

        Hi Martin,

        The feedback resistors are supposed to be 4.99k resistors.  The schematic page for the Lite II kit is included with this note.

        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...
        http://www.kb9yig.com

        On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 17:04 +0700, Martin Sole wrote:

        Okay, well I’m not convinced it’s working right yet. Here’s another thing I have just noted. In addition to the Lite I that  am referring to I also have a TXRX 6.2 partially built for 20 and 30 metres. The receiver seems noticeably livelier. Connecting an antenna makes the noise jump up a good 10dB on 30 or 20 but has no obvious effect on the noise with the Lite II. About the only thing I can figure is a difference with the op-amp. The 6.2 and 6.3 have LT6231 op amps with 4.99k resistors in the feedback but the Lite II has the same LT6231 op-amp (changed from a TLV2462) but with 1k resistors in the feedback. It also has 1 resistors in the op –amp output. Just wondering about that.

        Regards

        Martin, HS0ZED

        > I'm still left with not being able to hear much below 1uV and that seems
        > me to be about 20dB deafer than I would expect.

        Martin,
        Sorry but I'm not familiar with how the figures compare with actual
        audibility.
        If you search the messages you will find what others have said.

        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        Amateur Radio Station WB5RVZ