Help with Si570 synth tuning in Rocky

  • Martin Sole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2011

      I'm a little unclear about how to set up my Si570 USB oscillator (SDR kits QRP-200), so that I can use it with my softrock based receiver. Here is where I am at:

      Si570 synth built, XP driver installed and tested with the DG8SAQ USB test program.

      Frequency set with the test program and connected to the soft-rock receiver and confirmed it works and outputs the right signals based on the expected receive frequency.

      Start-up Rocky 3.7 and set Local oscillator to multi band and check Use Si570-USB, address 55 and multiplier 4.

      Now I can see the signal from the sig gen essentially in the right place based on the Si570 frequency and the available 96kHz bandwidth. If I then change the band button say from 7.020 to 7.060 my 7.010 signal stays where it was but the label under it now says 7.050. So the display changes but clearly not the local oscillator.

      Do I need something else installed?

      The only information I could find on the Rocky page was:

      Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from this web page. The driver files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

      Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog.

      I have the DG8SAQ 0.1.12.1 driver installed and as stated controlled by the DG8SAQ USB-test program.

      Ideas?

      Thanks

      Martin