USB2SDR Information

  • sv1eia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 1:21 AM
      Hi,

      After a week of waiting for replies in the first-in list of USB2SDR, I'm reserving the boards to those answered and I will send today the required details to all those that are interested in buying.

      There were some questions asked, one regarding the availability of PowerSDR-IQ specifically for USB2SDR usage.
      Here is the link for all the USB2SDR programs and drivers.
      -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list

      I was asked about firmware update procedures of the board.
      The firmware is field upgradable via USB (takes about 200msec to load) and the upload procedure is totally transparent to the user.
      That means new firmware versions are loaded when PowerSDR-IQ gets started for normal use and that happens without any user intervention at all nor any switches pressed or jumpers set. As simple as that.

      Also asked about future codec connectivity.
      USB2SDR contains 2 free I2S pinheader connections for alternative I2S compliant codecs.

      A user guide is at works at this time and I hope soon to be availabe.

      Also I'll prepare a site dedicated to USB2SDR for all technical information and topics. It is also given effor to have an e-shop for direct bying in the same site.
      In the meantime, all information, test screenshots and benchmarks are held in the files section of PowerSDR-IQ Yahoo! group here
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/

      I hope these do answer most of the questions.

      Thank you again for all your support.

      Best regards & 73,
      Christos SV1EIA