Re: [softrock40] SDR-Radio and rock-bound SoftRock

  • Ethan Miller K8GU
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      Thanks, Alan. I did set the LO frequency without any problems.

      It seems that the waterfall and spectrum scopes are constrained to be
      centered on the LO frequency---and---if I change the frequency
      resolution, it does not demodulate the portion of the waterfall
      selected with the cursor, either.

      Perhaps I will pull out the Ensemble VHF or get the v9.0 built later
      today and I can see if the problem manifests itself there, too. Aside
      from this annoyance, SDR-Radio appears to be an excellent piece of
      software!

      Next project is to figure out how to get a competent IF tap on the
      TS-930s...probably something involving subminiature coax, MMICs, and a
      mixer!

      73,

      --Ethan, K8GU/3.

      On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:

> [...]

      http://www.k8gu.com/
      Repair.  Re-use.  Re-purpose.  Recycle.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        Subject: Re: [softrock40] SDR-Radio and rock-bound SoftRock

        > SDR-Radio appears to be an excellent piece of
        software!

        Ethan,

        Yes, if you have RFspace equipment. I was enthusiastic when it first
        appeared but not so much now.
        It has the bare minimum of support for soundcard RXs, I may be wrong but I
        doubt that it will get any better.
        RFspace is not interested in giving anything away and not interested in
        making it commercial software for soundcard SDRs.
        Pieter has even hinted that it may be further disabled, that's hardly
        possible...