Re: [softrock40] A Problem with my Softrock Lite II for K3

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30 10:12 PM
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Bob"
      Subject: [softrock40] A Problem with my Softrock Lite II for K3

      > I know the Mfr. is CTS but that's all. The case is not marked with a
      > recognizable pin-1 indication.
      > Harumph and good grief!

      Bob,

      A crystal is symmetrical, there is no pin 1.

      In a circuit like this sometimes it is necessary to tweak the values around
      the oscillator.
      If everything is correct and soldered well I'd try slight adjustments,
      reducing R12 or increasing R13. Maybe this will get it going.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2011
        Hi,

        Unless it is in a SMD package, as the one Tony appears to have supplied.

        There are a few different standards, on that one the crystal is in between pins 1 and 3. Pin 2 and 4 are not used.

        Not sure how pin 1 is marked, possibly something etched near the corner of the package onthe top.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2011
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2011
            A more direct URL might be here:

            At least this worked for me.  Look down toward the bottom of the page.

            OK, back in my hole,

            Ron, KU7Y
            SOWP 5545M
            Arizona Outlaws Contest Club