MIC input

  • datosa2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
      Can I use "MIC" input at my lap top to connect SR-40? I have some
      image problem right now.
      Thanks for the help.

      Davide, iw3hev
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
        Most laptops I have seen do NOT have a stereo input at the mic
        connector (and often not at line in either) which will definitely
        cause the imaging problem.

        73 - Mike WA8BXN

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "datosa2001" <datos@...> wrote:

        > Can I use "MIC" input at my lap top to connect SR-40? I have some
        > image problem right now.
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Davide, iw3hev

      • datosa2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
          Thanks Mike,
          Does mean we cannot use SR40 with LAPTOP?

          73 Davide
          iw3hev

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <hubby2k@...> wrote:

          > Most laptops I have seen do NOT have a stereo input at the mic
          > connector (and often not at line in either) which will definitely
          > cause the imaging problem.
          >
          > 73 - Mike WA8BXN
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "datosa2001" <datos@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Can I use "MIC" input at my lap top to connect SR-40? I have
          some
          > > image problem right now.
          > > Thanks for the help.
          > >
          > > Davide, iw3hev

        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
            Hi Davide,

            The Mic input is usually not a stereo input and thus you will not get both I and Q signals from the SoftRock to the soundcard.  You will have images if the software does not have both I and Q samples to process.

            73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
              > Can I use "MIC" input at my lap top to connect SR-40? I have some
              > image problem right now.
              > Thanks for the help.

              I think that most laptops only have mono mic input, my Thinkpad does.

              73, Leon
            • Leon Heller
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 20, 2006
                  If your laptop in fact does not have a stereo input it means that
                  either you have to put up with the image or use an external sound card
                  that does support stereo input.
                  73 - Mike WA8BXN

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "datosa2001" <datos@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Mike,
                  > Does mean we cannot use SR40 with LAPTOP?
                  >
                  > 73 Davide
                  > iw3hev
                • KD5NWA
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 24, 2006
                    There is a Audigy card that plugs into your PMCIA slot, and there are USB and
                    Firewire cards available.

                    --

                    Cecil
                    KD5NWA