Re: SR-40 Softwares!!

  • skarbows
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
      My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with. Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.

      Dave
      kx3dx

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!

        > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
        > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
        > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.

        Dave,
        The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
        Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
        if that does not help then a little Googling will.

        However, I've startred the list here
        <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>

        If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • James
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
          It is true that not all notebooks use mono mic jack.

          My MSI isn't one of them though. I had to buy a USB sound card.

          What's weird with my MSI U100 is that if I plug my Ensemble into my MSI' audio in port it doesn't disable the on board mic. I had to go in to the sound settings and disable it.

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <neil.ackerley@...> wrote:

          > Not true on all laptops. My ACRE 5553 has a stereo mic input and it works great with Rocky and other IQ software.
          >
          > Neil, G3RIR
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k6acj" <k6acj@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

        • James
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
            Some manuals just don't say.

            I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

            At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

            > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
            >

            > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
            > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
            > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
            >

            > Dave,
            > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
            > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
            > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
            >
            > However, I've startred the list here
            > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
            >
            > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.
            >
            > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          • Jose Bonanca
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
              My old ACER 1683 gets LIN -IN, LINE-OUT and MIC_IN....
              Besides that although it is not the best it can work nicely with SR.

              73

              On 3 April 2011 18:05, James <ki7el@...> wrote:

              Some manuals just don't say.

              I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

              At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

              > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
              >

              > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
              > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
              > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
              >

              > Dave,
              > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
              > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
              > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
              >
              > However, I've startred the list here
              > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
              >
              > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.

              Jose (Ct1aos)