Re: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2 6:36 AM
      ----- Original Message -----

      Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!

      >Yeah, without connecting the SR-40 kit to the laptop, there is a signal
      appears on the software screen when i start the software!!!....so when i
      connect the SR-40 to the Laptop , i can't determine whether the signal
      appeared came from where?!!! plus, when i am talking i can hear my voice
      and see the power of the spectrum!!!......

      Mohammad,

      Have a look here
      <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>

      It seems you have problems with your mixer settings.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • k6acj
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2 11:29 PM
        Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

        > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
        >

        > >Yeah, without connecting the SR-40 kit to the laptop, there is a signal
        > appears on the software screen when i start the software!!!....so when i
        > connect the SR-40 to the Laptop , i can't determine whether the signal
        > appeared came from where?!!! plus, when i am talking i can hear my voice
        > and see the power of the spectrum!!!......
        >

        > Mohammad,
        >
        > Have a look here
        > <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>
        >
        > It seems you have problems with your mixer settings.
        >
        > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      • Neil
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3 5:42 AM
          Not true on all laptops. My ACRE 5553 has a stereo mic input and it works great with Rocky and other IQ software.

          Neil, G3RIR

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k6acj" <k6acj@...> wrote:

          > Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

        • skarbows
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3 7:07 AM
            My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with. Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.

            Dave
            kx3dx

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3 7:46 AM
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3 10:01 AM
                It is true that not all notebooks use mono mic jack.

                My MSI isn't one of them though. I had to buy a USB sound card.

                What's weird with my MSI U100 is that if I plug my Ensemble into my MSI' audio in port it doesn't disable the on board mic. I had to go in to the sound settings and disable it.

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <neil.ackerley@...> wrote:

                > Not true on all laptops. My ACRE 5553 has a stereo mic input and it works great with Rocky and other IQ software.
                >
                > Neil, G3RIR
                >
                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k6acj" <k6acj@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

              • James
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3 10:05 AM
                  Some manuals just don't say.

                  I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

                  At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

                  > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
                  >

                  > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
                  > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
                  > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
                  >

                  > Dave,
                  > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
                  > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
                  > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
                  >
                  > However, I've startred the list here
                  > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
                  >
                  > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.
                  >
                  > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                • Jose Bonanca
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3 10:11 AM
                    My old ACER 1683 gets LIN -IN, LINE-OUT and MIC_IN....
                    Besides that although it is not the best it can work nicely with SR.

                    73

                    On 3 April 2011 18:05, James <ki7el@...> wrote:

                    Some manuals just don't say.

                    I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

                    At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

                    > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
                    >

                    > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
                    > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
                    > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
                    >

                    > Dave,
                    > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
                    > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
                    > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
                    >
                    > However, I've startred the list here
                    > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
                    >
                    > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.

                    Jose (Ct1aos)