Re: [softrock40] SR-40 Softwares!!

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2 12:11 AM
      Subject: [softrock40] SR-40 Softwares!!

      > how can i check whether the Line in of the laptop is correctly dialed with
      > the SR-40 softwares(power SDR, Rock)!!;because i have a problem with the
      > signal appeared on the software whether it from the SR-40 or from the mice
      > of the laptop itself!!!......

      Mohammad,

      If you disconnect the Line In then is interference seen on the SDR screen?
      It is possible that noise from the mouse can interfere by getting into the
      Softrock through the antenna or another connection.
      Can you describe the signal you see?

      > And how can i rewrite the code of these softwares to do extra things; like
      > make these softwares to scan automatically over the frequency range of the
      > SR-40 kit and detect the unused channels!!!....is it possible??

      I do not know how to write Software. The waterfall shows the whole spectrum
      so you can see unused frequencies.

      I do not think any SDR software includes scanning.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Mohammad
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2 6:25 AM
        Hi Alan, Thank you much for the reply :)...

        Yeah, without connecting the SR-40 kit to the laptop, there is a signal appears on the software screen when i start the software!!!....so when i connect the SR-40 to the Laptop , i can't determine whether the signal appeared came from where?!!! plus, when i am talking i can hear my voice and see the power of the spectrum!!!......the signal i see, have varies peaks ( like noise), don't have like certain power concerned in a certain frequency!!!!

        about the the scanned method, i will search for the open source for the software and will make some changing on the code!!!....i think!!?

        Mohammad

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2 6:36 AM

          Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!

          >Yeah, without connecting the SR-40 kit to the laptop, there is a signal
          appears on the software screen when i start the software!!!....so when i
          connect the SR-40 to the Laptop , i can't determine whether the signal
          appeared came from where?!!! plus, when i am talking i can hear my voice
          and see the power of the spectrum!!!......

          Mohammad,

          Have a look here
          <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>

          It seems you have problems with your mixer settings.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • k6acj
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2 11:29 PM
            Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

            > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
            >

            > >Yeah, without connecting the SR-40 kit to the laptop, there is a signal
            > appears on the software screen when i start the software!!!....so when i
            > connect the SR-40 to the Laptop , i can't determine whether the signal
            > appeared came from where?!!! plus, when i am talking i can hear my voice
            > and see the power of the spectrum!!!......
            >

            > Mohammad,
            >
            > Have a look here
            > <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>
            >
            > It seems you have problems with your mixer settings.
            >
            > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          • Neil
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3 5:42 AM
              Not true on all laptops. My ACRE 5553 has a stereo mic input and it works great with Rocky and other IQ software.

              Neil, G3RIR

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k6acj" <k6acj@...> wrote:

              > Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

            • skarbows
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3 7:07 AM
                My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with. Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.

                Dave
                kx3dx

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3 7:46 AM

                  > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
                  > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
                  > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.

                  Dave,
                  The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
                  Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
                  if that does not help then a little Googling will.

                  However, I've startred the list here
                  <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>

                  If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • James
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3 10:01 AM
                    It is true that not all notebooks use mono mic jack.

                    My MSI isn't one of them though. I had to buy a USB sound card.

                    What's weird with my MSI U100 is that if I plug my Ensemble into my MSI' audio in port it doesn't disable the on board mic. I had to go in to the sound settings and disable it.

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <neil.ackerley@...> wrote:

                    > Not true on all laptops. My ACRE 5553 has a stereo mic input and it works great with Rocky and other IQ software.
                    >
                    > Neil, G3RIR
                    >
                    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k6acj" <k6acj@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Don't forget that laptop MIC inputs are mono, not stereo so its no good for IQ processing. The external laptop MIC is disconnected when a plug is inserted into the MIC input jack. Bill k6acj

                  • James
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 3 10:05 AM
                      Some manuals just don't say.

                      I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

                      At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

                      > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
                      >

                      > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
                      > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
                      > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
                      >

                      > Dave,
                      > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
                      > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
                      > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
                      >
                      > However, I've startred the list here
                      > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
                      >
                      > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.
                      >
                      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                    • Jose Bonanca
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 3 10:11 AM
                        My old ACER 1683 gets LIN -IN, LINE-OUT and MIC_IN....
                        Besides that although it is not the best it can work nicely with SR.

                        73

                        On 3 April 2011 18:05, James <ki7el@...> wrote:

                        Some manuals just don't say.

                        I dug through the manual for my MSI U100 and it doesn't say if it's stereo or not. I found out by looking at the waveform in Rocky that my input is mono.

                        At any rate it really doesn't matter in my case since I still needed to purchase a USB sound card to use my Ensemble.

                        > Subject: [softrock40] Re: SR-40 Softwares!!
                        >

                        > > My HP NC2400 is stereo too and works well enough to play around with.
                        > > Maybe we should start a list of stereo input laptops somewhere - in the
                        > > files sections?- cause this comes up quite often.
                        >

                        > Dave,
                        > The problem is not the information but getting people to find it.
                        > Just looking at the manual should tell someone whether it's stereo. If that
                        > if that does not help then a little Googling will.
                        >
                        > However, I've startred the list here
                        > <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer?pli=1>
                        >
                        > If someone starts a list somewhere else I'll just link to it.

                        Jose (Ct1aos)