USB soundcard suggestion

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011
      Hi all:

      I'm planning on using my Ensemble RXTX with my MSI U100 netbook running Windows XP Home. I want portability for this year's Field Day. Otherwise I would have picked one of my four desktop machines for this project.

      After some preliminary testing I think I've discovered that the mic in jack on my MSI is mono, or simply is not compatible with the Ensemble.

      Now, I'm sure most of you have heard this asked many times in the past, but I'm looking for a USB sound card I can use with my MSI U100 that will work with Rocky or PowerSDR-IQ.

      I'd be very happy to get any good advice on where to go from here for a USB sound card.

      I'm assuming I can still use the headphone jack on the MSI for my headset, can I plug a mic into the mic in/line in jack on the MSI and use that for SSB?

      I've completed the RX opamp and output stage, page 76 in the pdf. I'm on page 81 now and will try to get time tomorrow to do the testing listed there.