Re: [softrock40] Re: RTX ensemble and 2mt transverter

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2011
      Tnx Mike
      very clear
      I will do as you say.
      73
      Jacob ic8fax

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: KF4BQ
      Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:52 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: RTX ensemble and 2mt transverter

      > my transverter have IFTX range from 2/10 mW.
      > What do you recommend, putting an attenuator output, or take out a further upstream in the pa ?
      > In the 28MHz RTX Ensemble have 0.80 Watts in antenna.
      > 73 Jacob ic8fax

      Hi Jacob,
      You can do it either way...The 2n2222 stage's output transformer can be replaced with 4:1 ruthroff (maybe 3-4T Bifilar on you BN-43 binc core) to step down to 50ohm output. Junk everything from the orig 2n2222 output transformer, BS170 FETs, biasing, PA transformer. Keep the S12V circuit to drive the new transformer. Could keep the LPF if the transverter input filtering is junk.

      This is a super clean output (measured my DJ9CS and myself in seperate tests) at about 10mW. This is what I would use, but go with the attenuator to be quick. Great to use the 10mW output if the Ensemble is not already built :)) then you can leave off the PA stuff.

      73, Mike Collins KF4BQ

      Nessun virus nel messaggio.
      Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
      Versione: 10.0.1204 / Database dei virus: 1498/3530 - Data di rilascio: 26/03/2011