Re: Side tone muting

  • AI2Q
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 10, 2011
    Hello Praveen.

    Yes, I was able to mute the annoying delayed sidetone by routing the audio
    output of my PC through a fast reed relay. The relay is keyed by a
    transistor that is turned off by the PTT line on my microphone. This means I
    cannot use VOX, but the VOX button must be enabled in PSDR.

    I am attaching the diagram of my set-up as a JPEG file. My relay from my
    junkbox is a N/O (normally open) type. You could, of course, use a N/C
    (normally closed) relay logic. I suggest reed relays, as they are low power
    and very fast.

    Since doing this I have made some good QSOs on SSB, although there is still
    a delayed transition between TX and RX due to system latency of my 2.8-GHz
    Athlon PC.

    Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
    Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, Wide
    Area Amateur Radio Network
    http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

    Message 2 of 21 , Mar 10, 2011
      Sir,
      thank you for your support,but i am wondering how it is happening with the other sound cards? esp in the supported list there is sondblaster mp3+ which is a basic soundcard with only one input.

      we have lots of experts all around, with the availability of source code of PMSDR i feel they can do enough software modifications to cater this issue

      real fact is that its not at all possible for all the fellow hams to purchase Delta44 or SDRwidget to experience the new revolution. which is a major setback in my openion.

      We need real volunteers to take this as a challenge ,the SDR sould come to a level that it can be used with the common avilable rescources. then only every one can feel the taste with the minimal investment. and later on they may upgrade.

      Thank you one again for your help

      73's
      Praveen Nair
      VU3PRW, A45WR

      > Yes, I was able to mute the annoying delayed sidetone by
      > routing the audio output of my PC through a fast reed relay.
      > The relay is keyed by a transistor that is turned off by the
      > PTT line on my microphone. This means I cannot use VOX, but
      > the VOX button must be enabled in PSDR.
      >
      > I am attaching the diagram of my set-up as a JPEG file. My
      > relay from my junkbox is a N/O (normally open) type. You
      > could, of course, use a N/C (normally closed) relay logic. I
      > suggest reed relays, as they are low power and very fast.
      >
      > Since doing this I have made some good QSOs on SSB,
      > although there is still a delayed transition between TX and
      > RX due to system latency of my 2.8-GHz Athlon PC.
      >
      > Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
      > Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless
      > Association, Wide Area Amateur Radio Network
      > http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm
      >
      > ----- Original Message ----- From: "vu3prw" <vu3prw@...>

    • Gordon JC Pearce
      Message 3 of 21 , Mar 10, 2011
        On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 23:50 -0800, praveen r wrote:
        > Sir,
        > thank you for your support,but i am wondering how it is happening with
        > the other sound cards? esp in the supported list there is sondblaster
        > mp3+ which is a basic soundcard with only one input.

        That will work just fine. You *do* kind of need a full-duplex card,
        because you want to capture audio, process it, and play it back. If you
        want to transmit as well, things become more complicated and you *do*
        need a multi-channel soundcard.

        If you don't mind recording an IQ file and then playing back through the
        app you can use a simplex soundcard, but there's an excellent chance it
        won't capture in high enough quality to be useful for SDR - it's
        probably "telephone quality" 8-bit 8kHz mono. Welcome to 20 years ago.
        Buy a new card.

        > we have lots of experts all around, with the availability of source
        > code of PMSDR i feel they can do enough software modifications to
        > cater this issue

        Cater to *what* issue? There are lots of open-source SDR apps.

        > real fact is that its not at all possible for all the fellow hams to
        > purchase Delta44 or SDRwidget to experience the new revolution. which
        > is a major setback in my openion.

        You don't need one. I use the on-board cheap crappy Intel soundcard in
        my PC, and it works just fine.

        > We need real volunteers to take this as a challenge ,the SDR sould
        > come to a level that it can be used with the common avilable
        > rescources. then only every one can feel the taste with the minimal
        > investment. and later on they may upgrade.

        What challenge? It already all works.

        Gordon MM0YEQ
      • praveen r
        Message 4 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
          Sir,
          i do agree with you, you need a multi channel full duplex sound card.

          but my question is why you cannot use two full duplex sound card insted of a multi channel singe sound card.

          for that there should be a sound card selection option  in the software.for input and output
          (same like image rejection facility)

          i hope i explained clearly

          73's

          Praveen Nair
          VU3PRW, A45WH

          Message 5 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
            Message 6 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
              I use "PowerSDR-IQ v1.12.20 SV1EIA" and my audio is muted when I transmit on SSB.
              I have tried other PSDRs and either do not like them because of excessive latency or they do not mute on  TX.
              I use a Soundblaster X-fi USB for my IQ and my laptop soundcard for the mic/speaker output.

              BTW - I still use Rocky for CW and sometimes PSK  as I find it to be superior for CW,  I can't get CWX to work correctly on any of the PSDRs.

              Of course someone will reply BUY A DELTA44 and all of your problems will go away, but I prefer to use my laptop.  8-)

              good luck
              Fred
              WA8PGE

              > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Side tone muting- needs sone Agressive
              > initiative
              >

              > >but my question is why you cannot use two full duplex sound card insted of
              > >a multi channel singe sound card.
              >
              > for that there should be a sound card selection option in the software.for
              > input and output
              > (same like image rejection facility)
              >

              > Praveen
              >
              > I THINK some earlier versions of PSDR did mute the speaker. I used SSB a
              > little and did not have that problem.
              > There are some versions of PSDR that are still being supported, maybe you
              > could ask them for this facility.
              > The versions I know are here
              > <http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm> Section 11. PSDR-IQ and
              > Genesis are still supported. Genesis is still actively under development and
              > MAY have this feature, BUT is for a particular receiver, the developer will
              > probably not want requests from other users.
              >

              > A simple relay may be used to overcome this problem.
              > A supported soundcard does make everything much easier, not only the
              > switching.
              >
              > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

            • JOHN GREUSEL
              Message 7 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011

                Fred,

                My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post them in the files area. This is very important information to many.

                Thanks,
                John
                KC9OJV

                I use "PowerSDR-IQ v1.12.20 SV1EIA" and my audio is muted when I transmit on SSB.

                I have tried other PSDRs and either do not like them because of excessive latency or they do not mute on  TX.
                I use a Soundblaster X-fi USB for my IQ and my laptop soundcard for the mic/speaker output.

                BTW - I still use Rocky for CW and sometimes PSK  as I find it to be superior for CW,  I can't get CWX to work correctly on any of the PSDRs.

                Of course someone will reply BUY A DELTA44 and all of your problems will go away, but I prefer to use my laptop.  8-)

                good luck
                Fred
                WA8PGE

                > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Side tone muting- needs sone Agressive
                > initiative
                >

                > >but my question is why you cannot use two full duplex sound card insted of
                > >a multi channel singe sound card.
                >
                > for that there should be a sound card selection option in the software.for
                > input and output
                > (same like image rejection facility)
                >

                > Praveen
                >
                > I THINK some earlier versions of PSDR did mute the speaker. I used SSB a
                > little and did not have that problem.
                > There are some versions of PSDR that are still being supported, maybe you
                > could ask them for this facility.
                > The versions I know are here
                > <http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570.htm> Section 11. PSDR-IQ and
                > Genesis are still supported. Genesis is still actively under development and
                > MAY have this feature, BUT is for a particular receiver, the developer will
                > probably not want requests from other users.
                >

                > A simple relay may be used to overcome this problem.> A supported soundcard does make everything much easier, not only the
                > switching.
                >
                > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

              • c.oawright
                Message 8 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                  Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                  I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to use.
                  Charles
                  WB4HLW

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@...> wrote:

                  > Fred,
                  >
                  > My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post them in the files area. This is very important information to many.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > John
                  > KC9OJV

                • EB4APL
                  Message 9 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                    Do you mean RX only or also TX?  I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only) without problems with an external Creative USB box.

                    73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

                    El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:

                    Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                    I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to use.
                    Charles
                    WB4HLW

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@...> wrote:

                    > Fred,
                    >
                    > My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post them in the files area. This is very important information to many.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > John
                    > KC9OJV

                  • JOHN GREUSEL
                    Message 10 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011

                      Thanks Ignacio,
                      Almost everyone can get the receive function to work to some degree on PSDR. Having the transmit function work without hearing your own voice or it not working at all is the challenge with PSDR. The sound card settings are confusing and not at all intuitive.

                      John
                      KC9OJV

                      Do you mean RX only or also TX?  I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only) without problems with an external Creative USB box.

                      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

                      El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:

                      Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                      I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to use.
                      Charles
                      WB4HLW

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@...> wrote:

                      > Fred,
                      >
                      > My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post them in the files area. This is very important information to many.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > John
                      > KC9OJV

                    • c.oawright
                      Message 11 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                        RX is fine Ignacio, but transmit wont work with Power SDR using the creative 5.1 card. Rocky works on tx/rx very well on CW and PSK31.
                        I think I need to use VAC program to make it work with the Creative 5.1 but not sure about it.
                        Charles
                        WB4HLW

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                        > Do you mean RX only or also TX? I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only)
                        > without problems with an external Creative USB box.
                        >
                        > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                        >

                        > El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version
                        > > v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                        > > I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would
                        > > like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to
                        > > use.
                        > > Charles
                        > > WB4HLW
                        > >
                        > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                        > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@> wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > Fred,
                        > > >
                        > > > My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with
                        > > PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup
                        > > (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post
                        > > them in the files area. This is very important information to many.
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks,
                        > > > John
                        > > > KC9OJV

                      • JOHN GREUSEL
                        Message 12 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011

                          Ironically, I think I succeeded in getting PSDR v1.9.0 sr40 to work tonight.
                          I can hear myself with a fairly clear signal on another radio and it is not playing back through the headphones. Softrock SSB sounds pretty respectable through the X-Fi. I'll see if anyone can hear me tomorrow. Maybe someone locally will listen for me on 20 meters.
                          I have a newly built linear but I don't know if I want to try that at the same time.

                          John
                          KC9OJV

                          RX is fine Ignacio, but transmit wont work with Power SDR using the creative 5.1 card. Rocky works on tx/rx very well on CW and PSK31.
                          I think I need to use VAC program to make it work with the Creative 5.1 but not sure about it.
                          Charles
                          WB4HLW

                          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                          > Do you mean RX only or also TX? I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only)
                          > without problems with an external Creative USB box.
                          >
                          > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                          >

                          > El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version
                          > > v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                          > > I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would
                          > > like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to
                          > > use.
                          > > Charles
                          > > WB4HLW
                          > >
                          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                          > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@> wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > Fred,
                          > > >
                          > > > My continued mantra is- if you've got a Soundblaster working with
                          > > PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup
                          > > (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post
                          > > them in the files area. This is very important information to many.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks,
                          > > > John
                          > > > KC9OJV

                        • FRED
                          Message 13 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                            I have been asked to post some screenshots of PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 where mute works on SSB TX.
                            I have uploaded a pdf file showing the various setting.  I have included only the ones that I think will make any difference.  The file is called PSDR screenshots by me - flsaas

                            Note: I use the X-fi Soundblaster USB for the IQ, laptop soundcard for mic/audio out.  I installed the Creative Labs drivers on the CD that comes with the sound card.  I have disabled all the frills, like THX etc.
                            In my windows (XP) sound settings I have the built in card only showing for the default record and playback device.

                            Hope this helps some, I have made many many SSB QSO's with my 6.3 and Ensemble (and 5w amp)

                            72
                            Fred
                            WA8PGE

                            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "c.oawright" <c.oawright@...> wrote:

                            > RX is fine Ignacio, but transmit wont work with Power SDR using the creative 5.1 card. Rocky works on tx/rx very well on CW and PSK31.
                            > I think I need to use VAC program to make it work with the Creative 5.1 but not sure about it.
                            > Charles
                            > WB4HLW
                            >

                            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL eb4apl@ wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Do you mean RX only or also TX? I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only)
                            > > without problems with an external Creative USB box.
                            > >
                            > > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                            > >

                            > > El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version
                            > > > v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                            > > > I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would
                            > > > like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to
                            > > > use.
                            > > > Charles
                            > > > WB4HLW
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                            > > > PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup
                            > > > (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post
                            > > > them in the files area. This is very important information to many.

                          • c.oawright
                            Message 14 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                              What frequency tomorrow? I'll try to listen.

                            • JOHN GREUSEL
                              Message 15 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011

                                Charles,
                                Let's say 9:00 am CST or 16:00 UTC. at 14.192.
                                If the frequency is busy I'll move to 14.197.
                                Everyone is welcome to listen! I don't think I'll kill local TV reception with 1 watt. :)

                                John
                                KC9OJV

                                What frequency tomorrow? I'll try to listen.
                                Charles
                                WB4HLW

                                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREUSEL <greusel@...> wrote:

                                > Ironically, I think I succeeded in getting PSDR v1.9.0 sr40 to work tonight.
                                > I can hear myself with a fairly clear signal on another radio and it is not playing back through the headphones. Softrock SSB sounds pretty respectable through the X-Fi. I'll see if anyone can hear me tomorrow. Maybe someone locally will listen for me on 20 meters.
                                > I have a newly built linear but I don't know if I want to try that at the same time.
                                >
                                > John
                                > KC9OJV

                              • JOHN GREUSEL
                                Message 16 of 21 , Mar 11, 2011
                                  Thanks a lot Fred.
                                  If we save enough successful variations of what works with PSDR then eventually people will find one of these solutions that works for them.

                                  John
                                  KC9OJV

                                  I have been asked to post some screenshots of PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 where mute works on SSB TX.

                                  I have uploaded a pdf file showing the various setting.  I have included only the ones that I think will make any difference.  The file is called PSDR screenshots by me - flsaas

                                  Note: I use the X-fi Soundblaster USB for the IQ, laptop soundcard for mic/audio out.  I installed the Creative Labs drivers on the CD that comes with the sound card.  I have disabled all the frills, like THX etc.
                                  In my windows (XP) sound settings I have the built in card only showing for the default record and playback device.

                                  Hope this helps some, I have made many many SSB QSO's with my 6.3 and Ensemble (and 5w amp)

                                  72
                                  Fred
                                  WA8PGE

                                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "c.oawright" <c.oawright@...> wrote:

                                  > RX is fine Ignacio, but transmit wont work with Power SDR using the creative 5.1 card. Rocky works on tx/rx very well on CW and PSK31.
                                  > I think I need to use VAC program to make it work with the Creative 5.1 but not sure about it.
                                  > Charles
                                  > WB4HLW
                                  >

                                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL eb4apl@ wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Do you mean RX only or also TX? I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only)
                                  > > without problems with an external Creative USB box.
                                  > >
                                  > > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                                  > >

                                  > > El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version
                                  > > > v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                                  > > > I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would
                                  > > > like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to
                                  > > > use.
                                  > > > Charles
                                  > > > WB4HLW
                                  > > >
                                  > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                                  > > > PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup
                                  > > > (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post
                                  > > > them in the files area. This is very important information to many.

                                • praveen r
                                  Message 17 of 21 , Mar 12, 2011
                                    Sir,
                                    i downloaded the file, its a comprehensive sheet. i will try that today.

                                    but will you please send the screen shot of image rejection tab ?
                                    it will be very helpful for everyone who is using a creative xfi sound card.

                                    Regards,
                                    Praveen

                                    I have been asked to post some screenshots of PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 where mute works on SSB TX.
                                    I have uploaded a pdf file showing the various setting.  I have included only the ones that I think will make any difference.  The file is called PSDR screenshots by me - flsaas

                                    Note: I use the X-fi Soundblaster USB for the IQ, laptop soundcard for mic/audio out.  I installed the Creative Labs drivers on the CD that comes with the sound card.  I have disabled all the frills, like THX etc.
                                    In my windows (XP) sound settings I have the built in card only showing for the default record and playback device.

                                    Hope this helps some, I have made many many SSB QSO's with my 6.3 and Ensemble (and 5w amp)

                                    72
                                    Fred
                                    WA8PGE

                                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "c.oawright" <c.oawright@...> wrote:

                                    > RX is fine Ignacio, but transmit wont work with Power SDR using the creative 5.1 card. Rocky works on tx/rx very well on CW and PSK31.
                                    > I think I need to use VAC program to make it work with the Creative 5.1 but not sure about it.
                                    > Charles
                                    > WB4HLW
                                    >

                                    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL eb4apl@ wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Do you mean RX only or also TX? I'm running a Softrock 40 (RX only)
                                    > > without problems with an external Creative USB box.
                                    > >
                                    > > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                                    > >

                                    > > El 12/03/2011 2:16, c.oawright wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Yes. I would be interested in seeing that setup. Also were is version
                                    > > > v1.12.20 and did it replace 1.19.3.15?
                                    > > > I broke down and got a Delta 44 but have a second computer I would
                                    > > > like to run another softrock on. I have 2 creative 5.1 cards to put to
                                    > > > use.
                                    > > > Charles
                                    > > > WB4HLW
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                                    > > > PSDR (any version) on SSB PLEASE do screen captures of your setup
                                    > > > (Alt, Print Screen, paste (cntrl V into Paint) and save file) and post
                                    > > > them in the files area. This is very important information to many.

                                  • AI2Q
                                    Message 18 of 21 , Mar 12, 2011
                                      It's interesting, Fred. The various PSDR software spins seem dependent on the underlying hardware. I took your screen-shot posting and duped the settings on my 2.8-GHz 1024 Mbyte DRAM Athlon motherboard desktop, along with the same X-Fi 5.1 USB pod you use on your laptop. I deleted the database file before trying PSDR-IQ. ....

                                      The result?   It simply doesn't work on my PC. The delayed audio sidetone is still there, and automatic muting is nil.

                                      On the flip side of the coin, PE1NNZ's PSDR v1.90 sr40 works FB for me, albeit with the need for a high speed relay to mute the annoying sidetone. I've made some really FB QSOs with great reports.

                                      Message 19 of 21 , Mar 13, 2011
                                        Hi Alex! glad you are up and running on SSB..
                                        I cant figure what the difference would be, as a test I tried to install PE1NNZ's PSDR and some sort of security setting says I have to change the install mode to BASIC.... not sure what thats about but apparently some security thing  on my company's laptop. I know I had it installed once upon a time and uninstalled it, the shortcuts are still on my desktop 8-)

                                        However, I did install the Genesis version of PSDR, and it also mutes when I TX SSB..  I installed it rather quickly and had some sort of problem with the frequency control, but did manage to get it on 40m and the audio muted when I clicked MOX and it did transmit SSB. At one time you could choose one of their radios and it would work with Softrock, maybe they took that selection out, not sure.   So just for giggles, you might try GSDR....at one time I was going to start using that for my Softrock SSB but the latency was just too much, something on the order of a half second or longer.

                                        Good Luck!
                                        72
                                        Fred
                                        WA8PGE

                                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "AI2Q" <ai2q@...> wrote:

                                        > It's interesting, Fred. The various PSDR software spins seem dependent on the underlying hardware. I took your screen-shot posting and duped the settings on my 2.8-GHz 1024 Mbyte DRAM Athlon motherboard desktop, along with the same X-Fi 5.1 USB pod you use on your laptop. I deleted the database file before trying PSDR-IQ. ....
                                        >
                                        > The result? It simply doesn't work on my PC. The delayed audio sidetone is still there, and automatic muting is nil.
                                        >
                                        > On the flip side of the coin, PE1NNZ's PSDR v1.90 sr40 works FB for me, albeit with the need for a high speed relay to mute the annoying sidetone. I've made some really FB QSOs with great reports.
                                        >
                                        > Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
                                        > Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, Wide Area Amateur Radio Network
                                        > http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

                                      • John Williams
                                        Message 20 of 21 , Mar 13, 2011
                                          Hi Fred,

                                          Try QRP2000 on the selection screen. Controls my Ensemble RXTX just fine... Have not tried to play with it much but it does change freq..

                                          Sure like that analog S meter on this version....

                                          John

                                          --

                                          John Williams
                                          WQKA523

                                        • c.oawright
                                          Message 21 of 21 , Mar 13, 2011
                                            Sorry.. I got the message too late. I have been making many contacts on 20 meters and was in hopes of hears another softrock.