Softrock V6 and Power SDR

  • radiomanjwt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
      Hi all,

      I seem to be having a problem with powerSDR when running my
      soundblaster Audigy, I keep getting both plus and minus signals, i.e
      if a signal is say 30khz above the centre, I get it 30khz below the
      centre as well, but on the opposite sideband. I dob't have this
      problem with any of the other SDR software, as I can select delay
      right by one sample. Yhe power sdr soft doesn't seem to have this in
      the menu. Any idea's?

      Cheers

      John de VK4JWT
    • softrock7a
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
        John

        Ditto here with SR V7. Have SDR Power Console 1.6.0, which I haven't
        got to work at all yet. Using SpectraVue with Audigy 2ZS, I have the
        image problem (??). Looking for SoftRock 'how to' links for both apps.

        Ben

        > if a signal is say 30khz above the centre, I get it 30khz below the
        > centre as well, but on the opposite sideband. I dob't have this
        > problem with any of the other SDR software, as I can select delay
        > right by one sample. Yhe power sdr soft doesn't seem to have this in
        > the menu. Any idea's?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > John de VK4JWT

      • Bill Tracey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
          PowerSDR does not have a UI to add the +/- 1 sample offset although the
          DttSP engine inside it does. Will take a look at making it accessible in
          the UI. Would you be willing to test out a prototype -- I don't have an
          Audigy to test against.

          Regards,

          Bill (kd5tfd)

          At 05:39 AM 7/9/2006, radiomanjwt wrote:
          >Hi all,
          >
          >I seem to be having a problem with powerSDR when running my
          >soundblaster Audigy, I keep getting both plus and minus signals, i.e
          >if a signal is say 30khz above the centre, I get it 30khz below the
          >centre as well, but on the opposite sideband. I dob't have this
          >problem with any of the other SDR software, as I can select delay
          >right by one sample. Yhe power sdr soft doesn't seem to have this in
          >the menu. Any idea's?
          >
          >Cheers
          >
          >John de VK4JWT
        • softrock7a
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
            > the UI. Would you be willing to test out a prototype -- I don't
            have an
            > Audigy to test against.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Bill (kd5tfd)

            Bill

            I would be interested in testing. I have Audigy 2ZS and using
            SpectraVue s/w.

            SpectraVue has the +- sample feature, but no joy in using that
            adjustment. I think problem is clock phasing not 90. Looking to
            change to variable cap in phase network. I can't null oscillator
            below 30db above noise floor either with SpectraVue I-Q adjustments,
            so I suspect phase and amplitude balance.

            Is there a link for Power Console - Rock setup? I can't get 1.6.0 to
            work at all (maybe not with Audigy?) so I will try latest.

            Ben
          • Mr John W Titmuss
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
              Hi Bill,

              Yes I would be willing to try it, just let me know where to download it.

              Cheers

              John de VK4JWT
              ---- Bill Tracey <kd5tfd@...> wrote:

              > PowerSDR does not have a UI to add the +/- 1 sample offset although the
              > DttSP engine inside it does. Will take a look at making it accessible in
              > the UI. Would you be willing to test out a prototype -- I don't have an
              > Audigy to test against.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Bill (kd5tfd)
              >

              > At 05:39 AM 7/9/2006, radiomanjwt wrote:
              > >Hi all,
              > >
              > >I seem to be having a problem with powerSDR when running my
              > >soundblaster Audigy, I keep getting both plus and minus signals, i.e
              > >if a signal is say 30khz above the centre, I get it 30khz below the
              > >centre as well, but on the opposite sideband. I dob't have this
              > >problem with any of the other SDR software, as I can select delay
              > >right by one sample. Yhe power sdr soft doesn't seem to have this in
              > >the menu. Any idea's?
              > >
              > >Cheers
              > >
              > >John de VK4JWT

            • Philip Lock.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
                Hi John. Please read message # 4845 on this group.
                There is a link to a moded version of PowerSDR that will work with
                your soundcard.
                73 Philip g7jur.