Wattage vs. mode

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      Running a 40/30/20 Ensemble RXTX. What wattage should I observe on my
      MFJ-971 tuner meter? I have it set to 6W mode and 1W is 1/2 deflection.

      I see the following -

      WSPR - 1W steady when tuned to band at 1:1 SWR
      PSK31 - 1W also
      SSB - Much less, and follows the voice. PSDR shows peaking around 400
      Mv. Should the meter even work on SSB? If so, less deflection or more?
      AM - have not yet tried. What should I expect?

      Not a CW guy, so no results there. I have a key somewhere that I may
      have to dig out.

      --

      John Williams
      WQKA523
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
        Mine shows 1.4w on WSPR to a tuned 30M antenna. I think you are in the
        ball park.

        73, Bob KIØG