Re: [softrock40] Re: Coil Mounting

  • Jeffrey Peters
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      Thanks Bob,

      I was hoping I was doing the correct thing using the "Hot Glue" I did experiment
      with a few coils and my inductance meter and found very little (micro) changes
      in measured values.

      Hace a Great Day and Thank You for all your help and support to the SoftRock
      group.

      Cheers, Jeff - K9JP

      On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM, g8voip <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:

      Hi Jeff,

      Hot glue is another good alternative, with the advantage like RTV that it can easily be removed if needed. At HF frequencies none of the materials mentioned have any adverse effects on the performance.

      Murphy's law dictates that if you knock and break a coil or transformer, its going to be the one with the most turns :)

      73, Bob G8VOI