Re: Unwanted sideband suppression

  • graham
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011

      > From: "graham"
      > Subject: [softrock40] Unwanted sideband suppression
      >

      > > I have recently completed the RXTX ensemble kit which seems to work
      > > just fine with one exception! I have been unable eliminate the unwanted
      > > sideband when using psdr. I can reduce the TX image with both rocky & psdr
      > > to practically zero so I'm assuming my cables & connections etc are ok.
      >
      > What do you mean?
      > The unwanted sideband should be the image.
      > Have you got the jumpers set for PSDR?
      > Set them for PSDR.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      I suppose what I should have said was when using ssb the output appears as dsb even though using the image reducing procedures of rocky & psdr eliminate the image signals spaced equidistantly from the centre frequency as received on a separate receiver.
      Yes I have tried reversing the jumpers to no avail.

      Thanks for your interest
      Graham G4cpd