Re: Ensemble 11 SDR software

  • brian_ve7jkz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2011

      > Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble 11 SDR software
      >

      > > I built the LF version and downloaded HDSDR (DG0JBJ)for AM demodulation
      > > capability. I've not been able to locate anything that describes what the
      > > various settings do, nor how best to use it.
      > >
      > > Can anyone please direct me to a possible information source? Maybe
      > > there's something more user friendly?
      > >

      > Brian
      >
      > User friendly? Not really.
      > HDSDR is a development of Winrad <http://www.winrad.org/> I'm not really the
      > one to answer your question, I just fiddle with things until something
      > happens! If there is nothing on that site I'm not aware of a good beginner's
      > guide. There is some information in the HDSDR folder but not much. Left and
      > right click the frequency digits.
      >
      > PSDR is possibly the best documented but it needs to be! Even then it is not
      > easy to find. There is the Flex site, then maybe, some extra to cover the
      > many variations.
      >
      > My advice is to be happy something is happening. I don't think you should
      > have any trouble finding your way round HDSDR.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      Ah, the Winrad site has a lot of information that seems applicable to HDSDR, so I shall spend some time going through it all. I would add that I've been using Rocky for my pan-adaptor softrock but Rocky does not have AM demodulation capability, hence the need for something else with Ensemble. Tnx Alan.

      Brian VE7JKZ