She's a goer !

  • Sparkes, John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      She's a goer !

      Finally got off my butt and powered up my 80/40 Softrock into the Delta 66 - and it works like a beauty. (I couldn't believe it either…) Good image rejection despite having no points built up in the phase/amplitude registers (I'll sort that shortly) and very sensitive - beats my hotted-up FT1000MP by several dB. Love the spectrum and waterfall displays - it's cool "reading" CW qsos on the waterfall. I can "see" them before I can hear them. Very impressed. Thanks a bunch Tony and friends who made it happen.

      Next on the agenda is to construct the 160m SR40V6, put up the 160m dipole (yeah, I know - I should have put it up by now) and start listening down on top band.

      Thanks a lot and happy Independence Day to all you guys over in the US of A.

      Best regards and mni 73,

      John VK6JX

      P.S The Rocky software is brilliant - thanks Alex.

    • W5TB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Sparkes, John" <john.sparkes@...>
        wrote:
        > beats my
        > hotted-up FT1000MP by several dB.

        Hi John -- congratulations! I got mine up and running this weekend too
        but using the Rocky software I could hear very few signals. Does the
        choice of software make a big difference? What are you using?

        73 Doc W5TB
      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
          Hi Doc,

          Low sensitivity can result if the secondary windings of T1 are not wired correctly.  A visual check is to make sure a lead from the top of the T1 core and a lead from the bottom of the T1 core go to the unmarked hole on the BCB.  If that is the case, then also do an ohmmeter check to note about zero ohms between the unmarked hole and holes 3 and 5.

          I have also seen low sensitivity when I had a soldering problem with any of the components in the BPF, L1, L2, C21, C22 and C23.

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG