Re: DDS-60 output

  • kd5byb
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
      Good evening all,

      I hate to dig up old information, but I want to query the group. Is
      the method below (feeding base of Q2 thru a cap) the preferred way of
      injecting external VFO's or DDS' to the SR V6?

      I noted in the files area that folks are using external VFO's/DDS' but
      didn't see a schematic that noted the input arrangement.

      Thanks and 73,
      Ben, KD5BYB

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "dxradio33" <k8fc@...> wrote:

      > Folks, I have interfaced the DDS-60 to the V6 SR40 and it works fine
      > with the exception of unwanted spurs. The problem looks to be too
      > much gain from the DDS-60. I am feeding the output of the DDS-60 to
      > the base of Q2 through a 22pf cap.
    • Jarmo Blomster
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
        > I noted in the files area that folks are using external VFO's/DDS' but
        > didn't see a schematic that noted the input arrangement.
        I just replaced the crystal with DDS60 output. This gives me a possibility to
        use either a crystal or DDS60. It's not beautiful but it works.

        //jarmo oh8kva