New member!

  • kd5byb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      Good morning all,

      I'm a new member and wanted to introduce myself. The name is Ben
      Hall, call KD5BYB, and I live just north of Huntsville Alabama, USA.

      I joined the list as I'm a big fan of homebrew/kit ham radio gear. I
      love to tinker and kits/homebrew fufil that tinkering need nicely! I
      take my hat off to all of the folks like Tony and all who continue to
      make inexpensive, yet well-designed kits availible to the ham community.

      Right now, I don't yet have a SoftRock assembled! I've been recently
      working on building the IQ-PRO VFO (from AA0ZZ) which is at the head
      of the line, but may put that on the back burner for a little bit
      while I figure out how to package it.

      I have two v5.0's to assemble and just placed orders for one of each
      flavor of the v6.0 and v7.0. I hope to get the v5.0's built shortly.

      To me, SDR/DSP are wonderful things and I can't wait to get all of
      these little radios on the air!

      Eventually, I'd like to somehow marry a SoftRock and the IQ-PRO VFO
      for wider coverage. Or, better said, marry a SoftRock and its
      computer connection ability with any external VFO. I've not thought
      much on how to do this or if it is even possible, but that's okay! To
      me, thinking/dreaming of sometimes impossible things is part of the fun!

      Thanks and 73,
      KD5BYB