Re: [softrock40] spurs

  • John Melton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      As you are getting the problem with all of them I am assuming that there
      is not a problem with the build, i.e. solder bridges, coils wound
      incorrectly, etc.

      I would suspect the sound card interface is mono, not stereo, and so is
      unable to null the opposite image or that one of the channels on the
      soundcard has a low input level.

      If you run Rocky you should see similar levels being displayed for both
      the I and Q channels if it is working correctly.

      I can run mine using the internal chipset and get excellent image rejection.

      Regards,

      John g0orx/n6lyt

      AD6HF wrote On 06/27/06 22:58,:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've built softrock v5.0,v6,0&v7.0, and they have been working
      > great.
      >
      > I use Rocky,winRad1.1 sdr power. on every band and using every
      > software I get spurs and see both sidebands of a cw signal.
      > I am using the sound card that my computer's chipset had built in.
      > Is the poor dynamic range of my sound card responsible for the spurs
      > and the extra sidebands?
      >
      > 73 Bob AD6HF
      >
      > /

      John Melton