OK, I've Figured Out what is NOT right.

  • Garey Barrell
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1 10:10 AM
      I've put the WPSR aside for a while to try and fix my PSDR that I have
      messed up in this exercise.

      The problem I have is that the Si-570 is 'stuck' on 40M. Tuning moves
      the frequency grid, and the VFO reading, but the 'signals' do NOT move.
      IF there is one within the bandwidth selected, it works normally. Kinda
      like being crystal controlled.

      However, if I start Rocky -OR- PSDR .SR40 it works fine. I have
      re-installed PSDR 2.0, deleted the database file, turned on and off in
      various combinations, all providing the same result. There must be a
      box 'unchecked' or 'checked' in 2.0 telling it to ignore commands to the
      Si-570!

      This with an Ensemble RX, which has been working just fine for months
      until I 'confused' it somehow.

      I really appreciate all the offered suggestions, but so far we haven't
      hit on it.

      73, Garey - K4OAH
      Glen Allen, VA
    • c.oawright
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1 12:28 PM
        Good info on both sites

        http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/

        http://home.ict.nl/~fredkrom/pe0fko/SR-V9-Si570/index.shtml#install

        Charles
        WB4HLW

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "eject12" <bvkirk@...> wrote:

        > Would someone please point me to the instructions for the settings of the Si570 with the RX Ensemble II and Rocky software
        >
        > 73
        > Frank

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2 8:09 AM
[...]

          Garey.

          Have you re-enabled the USBtoI2C driver in PSDR?

          As VOI said, you *MUST* have the Softrock connected, powered and
          recognised (driver loaded OK etc) by Windows (or whatever OS) *BEFORE*
          you start up PSDR, or it will reset it to not used, and probably prevent
          you even seeing the settings.

          You can check if the USB drivers loaded OK, in Control Panel, System,
          Hardware, Device Manager. If you see a Libusb32 device, it's probably
          loaded OK. If you see a AVR USB device with a yellow warning '!' symbol
          anywwhere, then the driver did not load for some reason. If so, that
          issue needs sorting out first.

          Regards.

          Dave G0WBX.
        • Ken Chase
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2 8:17 AM
            Hi Dave

            I recently installed PowerSDR v2 as well and I find that mine is stuck on the 40M band as well.

            73

            Ken VA3ABN

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2 8:38 AM
              Ken -

              In the SETUP tab, General, Hardware Config tab, the 'USBtoI2C' box near
              the center MUST be checked.

              73, Garey - K4OAH
              Glen Allen, VA

              Ken Chase wrote:

              > Hi Dave
              > I recently installed PowerSDR v2 as well and I find that mine is stuck
              > on the 40M band as well.
              > 73
              > Ken VA3ABN

            • Ken Chase
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2 8:40 AM
                I'll check again but I believe it is

                73

                Ken VA3ABN

                Ken Chase wrote:

                > Hi Dave
                > I recently installed PowerSDR v2 as well and I find that mine is stuck
                > on the 40M band as well.
                > 73
                > Ken VA3ABN

              • Garey Barrell
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2 8:45 AM
                  Dave wrote:
                  > I've put the WPSR aside for a while to try and fix my PSDR that I have
                  > messed up in this exercise.
                  >
                  > The problem I have is that the Si-570 is 'stuck' on 40M. Tuning moves
                  > the frequency grid, and the VFO reading, but the 'signals' do NOT move.
                  > IF there is one within the bandwidth selected, it works normally. Kinda
                  > like being crystal controlled.
                  >
                  > However, if I start Rocky -OR- PSDR .SR40 it works fine. I have
                  > re-installed PSDR 2.0, deleted the database file, turned on and off in
                  > various combinations, all providing the same result. There must be a
                  > box 'unchecked' or 'checked' in 2.0 telling it to ignore commands to the
                  > Si-570!
                  >
                  > This with an Ensemble RX, which has been working just fine for months
                  > until I 'confused' it somehow.
                  >
                  > I really appreciate all the offered suggestions, but so far we haven't
                  > hit on it.
                  >
                  > 73, Garey - K4OAH
                  > Glen Allen, VA
                  >

                  > Garey.
                  >
                  > Have you re-enabled the USBtoI2C driver in PSDR?
                  >
                  > As VOI said, you *MUST* have the Softrock connected, powered and
                  > recognised (driver loaded OK etc) by Windows (or whatever OS) *BEFORE*
                  > you start up PSDR, or it will reset it to not used, and probably prevent
                  > you even seeing the settings.
                  >
                  > You can check if the USB drivers loaded OK, in Control Panel, System,
                  > Hardware, Device Manager. If you see a Libusb32 device, it's probably
                  > loaded OK. If you see a AVR USB device with a yellow warning '!' symbol
                  > anywwhere, then the driver did not load for some reason. If so, that
                  > issue needs sorting out first.
                  >
                  > Regards.
                  >
                  > Dave G0WBX.

                  Dave -

                  Yes, that was the problem. I had checked and unchecked it, but
                  apparently never hit on the right 'start-up' procedure. It had worked
                  for several weeks before the WSPR debacle, so the drivers were there
                  OK. Thanks for the guidance!

                  Still no luck with the WSPR. I do have the 'level' box in the 'white'
                  most of the time, and have three traces meandering through the
                  waterfall, but no decodes yet. I've tried inverting the input, but so
                  far nothing. If nothing else, I am stubborn.... :-)

                  73, Garey - K4OAH
                  Glen Allen, VA
                • Garey Barrell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2 8:47 AM
                    Ken -

                    See Dave's message at 11:09 that describes the order of startup and
                    driver quirks..

                    73, Garey - K4OAH
                    Glen Allen, VA

                    Ken Chase wrote:

                    > I'll check again but I believe it is
                    > 73
                    > Ken VA3ABN

                  • Ken Chase
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2 8:53 AM
                      Thanks Garey, will do. Have to get outside and shovel 3 feet of snow.

                      73

                      Ken VA3ABN

                      Ken Chase wrote:

                      > I'll check again but I believe it is
                      > 73
                      > Ken VA3ABN

                    • robengberts
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2 10:07 AM
                        Ken,

                        maybe your input signal is far to low. Did you allready push the Recording Control slider upwards or maybe it's even muted.
                        I found that WSPR needs some more (I/Q) signal than PowerSDR does.

                        73'
                        Rob PA0RWE

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Chase" <chase8043@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks Garey, will do. Have to get outside and shovel 3 feet of snow.
                        >
                        > 73
                        >
                        > Ken VA3ABN

                      • Ken Chase
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2 11:56 AM
                          Hi Rob

                          I have a SB Live 5.1 sound card. I should upgrade but I'm holding out till the USB2SDR is available. I noticed one thing with this card. When I start up the computer, the line-in is deselected and mike is selected. So every time I start up I always check that line-in selected and with max setting. Anyways I'm going to check everything when I get some time. Time now to shovel snow. AGAIN.

                          73

                          Ken VA3ABN

                          maybe your input signal is far to low. Did you allready push the Recording Control slider upwards or maybe it's even muted.
                          I found that WSPR needs some more (I/Q) signal than PowerSDR does.

                          73'
                          Rob PA0RWE

                          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Chase" <chase8043@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks Garey, will do. Have to get outside and shovel 3 feet of snow.
                          >
                          > 73
                          >
                          > Ken VA3ABN

                        • Ken Chase
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2 1:43 PM
                            OK I think I found the problem. My SB Live card for some reason, switches back to mike input or the drive slider goes down. Be side this I have PowerSDR working.

                            73

                            Ken VA3ABN