Re: A few weeks in with the Ensemble RXTX

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
      > Sounds like some ones caught the SDR bug :-)

      Larry
      I can see me having to visit SDR Anonymous in a few months time
      for a cure :)
    • Valentinas Puodziunas
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
        I want to thank Tony also for great kits and his work in designing and supporting this ( I have two RX/TX ensembles and RX Ensemble II and now I am using it for my QRP  and WSPR ) - I could.not imagine  about SDR half an year ago, that can be such exciting and wonderful !  Many thanks and looking for new projects !

        73,Valentinas LY2BOS

        At 16:44 2011.01.31, you wrote:

        Thanks Philip for the very nice post.  Reports such as yours make it all worthwhile for me.  I too have fun with the kits.

        Thanks and 73,
        --
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...

        http://www.kb9yig.com

        On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 14:19 +0000, Philip wrote:

        I hope Tony realises how much serious fun his kits give folk and
        after a few weeks of operating mine, the fun gets better and better...

        Just spent a couple of days sorting aerials. I cut up my long wire aerial and made it into a 40meter dipole with a very nice low SWR.
        This rewarded me by pushing out Ensemble WSPR signals across to the states and all over Europe.
        Just installed a loft space dipole for 40 and 30 meters for future WSPR and QRSS forays...

        What I have noticed over the weeks is that the Ensemble RXTX is a very robust and reliable bit of kit. I mistakenly TX'd with the aerial out a couple of times but the rig stayed alive...
        Frequency accuracy and long term stability after proper set up is superb..
        My only niggle is with Windows and USB. Tried XP and Windows 7 but each have their foibles. My sound card is an EMU 0202 and I have to go through a sequence of plugging/unplugging the USB cable from the TXCVR and the EMU to get stuff working.

        Anyhoo, that's a small price to pay...

        Thanks for the fun Tony

      • aa9wqham@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
          Hi Hi... me too..

          Larry

          In a message dated 2/1/2011 9:39:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pcteee@... writes:

          > Sounds like some ones caught the SDR bug :-)

          Larry
          I can see me having to visit SDR Anonymous in a few months time
          for a cure :)

        • Don Parks
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
            Has the SDR production line been shut down by snow storms?

            Don  K4IJV

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
              Gosh I hope not!!!  Tony releases in batchs every week or to. Early last week I scored another ensemble! follow the list several times a day. you will snag something!

              Larry W9AMR