Re: [softrock40] Minimum discernable signals

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      From: "greg c"
      Subject: [softrock40] Minimum discernable signals

      > I have been very disappointed in the Lite II's ability to copy weak
      > signals.

      As Roelof says the Icom is likely to be far too sensitive on 160m using
      ordinary antennas. The Softrock should be closer to the ideal with ordinary
      antennas.
      If all your receiving antennas are low noise, low signal then you may well
      need a preamp. I would also consider using the low noise LT6231 opamp if
      your version has not got it.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Scott Zastoupil
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2012
        I have two KB9YIG Softrock transceivers radios for sale.  I have not made any contacts with them.  Both receive ok with using PowerSDR and Rocky.  The reason I’m selling these is because I don’t have time to play with SDR and have other projects to complete.  The challenges for me to get them to work smoothly have revolved around PC configuration and stubborn of not upgrading CPU horsepower.  I saw one of these making contacts at Four Days In May 2011 at Dayton Hamvention and was elated and frustrated at the same time working with a generic laptop and SoundBlaster USB sound card.  He was working 40m CW at 25-30wpm with full QSK.  It was frigg’n cool, but I just haven’t been able to achieve that, so I know it can be done.   So…there’s the full disclosure.

        Prices:
        RXTX – $80 shipped, lower 48.
        Softrock v6.2 – $60 shipped, lower 48
        Non-credit card Paypal or money order.  If you don’t have a non-credit card Paypal, please chip in a couple bucks to cover fee.

        More detail and photos:
        http://zastoupil.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/ham-radio-gear-for-sale-kb0kfx-shack-purge/

        Email me direct...offlist.  First come, first served.

        Scott, KB0KFX