Re: RXTX V6.3 and the PA/BPF/I2C board from Pete

  • oe8pck
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 31, 2011
      Tnx Larry, I have now hooked the ptt direct to the Mike PTT.
      Does nayone know how I can adjust the S meter reading with PSDR v 1.19.3.15. It is showing signals above 59 all the time.

      73 de Paul OE8PCK

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, aa9wqham@... wrote:

      > After you have pressed the mox button the space bar will also key and
      > unkey the PTT(handy for leaning back in the chair)
      >
      > Larry W9AMR
      >

      > In a message dated 1/30/2011 5:53:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > g8voi.reeves59@... writes:
      >

      > Hi Paul,
      >
      > The 'MOX' button on the PSDR screen will key up the PTT via the USB port
      > for transmitting.
      >
      > If you use Christos SV1EIA's PSDR v1.19.3.15, it has the nice feature that
      > one of the CW paddle key inputs is used in SSB mode to act as a PTT
      > switch, so you can simply wire up a normal hand mic and operate as if you were
      > using a conventional transceiver, much nicer than having to use the mouse to
      > click on the screen button.
      >
      > I have all of my SDR transceivers wired up with a front panel socket to
      > use a standard 4 pin Icom 600 ohm dynamic mic, as well as a toggle switch in
      > parallel for long overs :), works very well.
      >
      > 73, Bob G8VOI
      >
      > --- In _softrock40@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com) ,
      > "oe8pck" <oe8pck@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you both for the info. I am not quite clear what you mean by usb
      > controlled PTT. Does this mean that I do not need to manually switch the PTT
      > with 5 to 12Volts but can switch using the PSDR software. I intend to use
      > SSB but cannot find a PTT button on the PSDR screen. Sorry to be such a
      > pain but I am so near now.
      > > 73 de Paul OE8PCK
      > >
      > > --- In _softrock40@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com) ,
      > "g8voip" <g8voi.reeves59@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > Pete's board is the same circuit as Tony's USB to I2C adapter, so just
      > link the PTT output (5V) to the PTT IN on the main v6.3 RXTX board. Its
      > the only signal that is not taken directly to the PCB through the existing
      > interconnecting headers.
      > > >
      > > > Using the USB controlled PTT gives full compatibility with all of the
      > SDR programs.
      > > >
      > > > 73, Bob G8VOI
      > > >
      > > > --- In _softrock40@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com)

    • c.oawright
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
        Go to setup/calibration tab. Inject -70dbm signal at 10mhz (or change frequency) then start calibration.
        You can do the same for frequency and image calibration.

        Charles
        WB4HLW

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "oe8pck" <oe8pck@...> wrote:

        > Tnx Larry, I have now hooked the ptt direct to the Mike PTT.
        > Does nayone know how I can adjust the S meter reading with PSDR v 1.19.3.15. It is showing signals above 59 all the time.
        >
        > 73 de Paul OE8PCK
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, aa9wqham@ wrote:
        > >
        > > After you have pressed the mox button the space bar will also key and
        > > unkey the PTT(handy for leaning back in the chair)
        > >
        > > Larry W9AMR
        > >

        > > In a message dated 1/30/2011 5:53:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > > g8voi.reeves59@ writes:
        > >

        > > Hi Paul,
        > >
        > > The 'MOX' button on the PSDR screen will key up the PTT via the USB port
        > > for transmitting.
        > >
        > > If you use Christos SV1EIA's PSDR v1.19.3.15, it has the nice feature that
        > > one of the CW paddle key inputs is used in SSB mode to act as a PTT
        > > switch, so you can simply wire up a normal hand mic and operate as if you were
        > > using a conventional transceiver, much nicer than having to use the mouse to
        > > click on the screen button.
        > >
        > > I have all of my SDR transceivers wired up with a front panel socket to
        > > use a standard 4 pin Icom 600 ohm dynamic mic, as well as a toggle switch in
        > > parallel for long overs :), works very well.
        > >
        > > 73, Bob G8VOI
        > >
        > > --- In _softrock40@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com) ,
        > > "oe8pck" <oe8pck@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Thank you both for the info. I am not quite clear what you mean by usb
        > > controlled PTT. Does this mean that I do not need to manually switch the PTT
        > > with 5 to 12Volts but can switch using the PSDR software. I intend to use
        > > SSB but cannot find a PTT button on the PSDR screen. Sorry to be such a
        > > pain but I am so near now.
        > > > 73 de Paul OE8PCK
        > > >
        > > > --- In _softrock40@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com) ,

        > > link the PTT output (5V) to the PTT IN on the main v6.3 RXTX board. Its
        > > the only signal that is not taken directly to the PCB through the existing
        > > interconnecting headers.

        > > SDR programs.

      • John Williams
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
          How do you guys do this without a signal generator? Or does everyone need to have one to calibrate their software app?

          Any easy to build kits that can give us a calibrated signal in the HF bands? What about good used test equip models. Over 1000 hits on signal generator on ebay...

          Don't have a second receiver to sync with...

          John

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011