Soft Rock V7 with 28.06 MHz crystal

  • Bob Johansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      I just completed building the unit and found that I could not get a
      image null below -40dB. Measured the phase difference between S0 and S1
      was over 120 degree's using a HP 8405A Vector Voltmeter. Removed C9 and
      placed a subminiature 7pF variable capacitor, was able to obtain a
      image null of over -70dB after adjusting C9 also measured the proper 90
      degree phase difference.

      The MDS was around -107dBm and oscillator frequency (28.052618 MHz) was
      close to the results posted for the Soft Rock 7 Beta.

      Tony,
      Thank you again for an interesting small project

      73,
      Bob Johansen WB2SRF