A few weeks in with the Ensemble RXTX

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2011
      I hope Tony realises how much serious fun his kits give folk and
      after a few weeks of operating mine, the fun gets better and better...

      Just spent a couple of days sorting aerials. I cut up my long wire aerial and made it into a 40meter dipole with a very nice low SWR.
      This rewarded me by pushing out Ensemble WSPR signals across to the states and all over Europe.
      Just installed a loft space dipole for 40 and 30 meters for future WSPR and QRSS forays...

      What I have noticed over the weeks is that the Ensemble RXTX is a very robust and reliable bit of kit. I mistakenly TX'd with the aerial out a couple of times but the rig stayed alive...
      Frequency accuracy and long term stability after proper set up is superb..
      My only niggle is with Windows and USB. Tried XP and Windows 7 but each have their foibles. My sound card is an EMU 0202 and I have to go through a sequence of plugging/unplugging the USB cable from the TXCVR and the EMU to get stuff working.

      Anyhoo, that's a small price to pay...

      Thanks for the fun Tony
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2011
        Thanks Philip for the very nice post.  Reports such as yours make it all worthwhile for me.  I too have fun with the kits.

        Thanks and 73,
        --
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...

      • aa9wqham@aol.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1 2:49 AM
            > Sounds like some ones caught the SDR bug :-)

            Larry
            I can see me having to visit SDR Anonymous in a few months time
            for a cure :)
          • Valentinas Puodziunas

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1 2:53 PM
                Hi Hi... me too..

                Larry

                In a message dated 2/1/2011 9:39:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pcteee@... writes:

                > Sounds like some ones caught the SDR bug :-)

                Larry
                I can see me having to visit SDR Anonymous in a few months time
                for a cure :)

              • Don Parks
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1 5:00 PM
                  Has the SDR production line been shut down by snow storms?

                  Don  K4IJV

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1 9:18 PM
                    Gosh I hope not!!!  Tony releases in batchs every week or to. Early last week I scored another ensemble! follow the list several times a day. you will snag something!

                    Larry W9AMR