More YouTube Demos

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      I've posted a couple of new video demos, this time using SDR-Radio.  The front-end hardware is an LD-1B, which is similar in many respects to the Softrock.  Using it with SDR-Radio is currently similar to a using a crystal-controlled Softrock, so the demo shows how to add crystal frequencies to the selection list.  It also shows how to use the "Data Decoder" to demodulate CW and PSK-31.

      In the course of making the demo, I noticed that the waterfall display is VERY useful for spotting weak signals - much more useful (my opinion) than the panadapter display.  I was able to find signals on 15 meters (nearly dead at the time) that were just BARELY audible above the noise - clearly visible in the waterall!  I haven't tried this with Winrad yet.

      SDR-Radio is still a "beta", and a little rough around the edges, but I like what I see so far.  I'm hoping Simon will get the transmitter portion to the point where we can try it out soon!

      My videos can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTQkL2vpU8 (Part I) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpJNGZz7E20 (Part II).

      73,
      Pete Goodmann, PE, MSEE, NI9N
      Inconveniently located 110 km. from Radioville, Indiana