Re: [softrock40] older radios

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2011
      Prior to your connection there were listeners from Slovenia, Russian Federation and Spain! It is pretty cool!

      bet

      On 1/4/2011 3:07 PM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

      Great! I can hear  you on this end and see what frequencies you are checking out.  The various commands show also in text form but I have not idea what they might mean! ;)

      bet

      On 1/4/2011 2:35 PM, John Williams wrote:

      Thanks Bruce - running this now. Cool!

      On 1/4/2011 11:59 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:

      John, this is not exactly what you are asking for but if you go to the following URL, you can download a copy of "SDR Radio" console, authored by Simon Brown who also authored 'Ham Radio Deluxe', a very well respected piece of software within the Amateur Community. It has a 'Remote' operation function which, once installed, will allow you to access and control a number of Softrock radios via the Internet, including my 'RX Ensemble'. You will be able to learn a lot about using SDR in general from this program. It is still under development but well worth getting and playing with in its current status. A new release is about to be offered from what I am hearing on the Yahoo site for the software.  Have lot's of fun...

      http://sdr-radio.com/Downloads/BetaKits/tabid/320/language/en-US/Default.aspx

      Bruce, K2BET

      ----

      On 1/4/2011 12:31 PM, John Williams wrote:

      While I await an order window for a Ensemble RXTX, does anyone have an
      older functioning Softrock that they would be willing to sell me so that
      I can start playing with the software? I can paypal to cover a hopefully
      nominal cost plus shipping.

      John
      KE5SSH

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5759 (20110104) __________