Re: Windows 7, why not?

  • N8PGV
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2011
      I have been running WinradHD on Windows 7 32bit for over a year and have never had ANY trouble. I have YET to see a blue screen, period. It's the most dependable Windows yet for me. I didn't want the 64bit driver issues either. Microsoft REALLY needs to get rid of the fees associated with 64bit drivers so small experimenters and hobbiest can have signed 64bit drivers without spending $500+ to do so. MICROSOFT has made 64bit Windows impractical for small projects. There really is nothing wrong with 64bit Windows IF you can get the proper drivers.

      Mark B.

      > I've been using the Delta 44 sound card with Windows 7 (32 bit version) for
      > about 6 months now. No problems whatsoever. I stayed away from the 64 bit
      > install because I've heard of too many driver issues. I use PowerSDR V1.19
      > by SV1EIA and find that the CPU usage is considerably lower under Windows 7
      > for some reason as compared to XP. Some of the add-ons (notably CW Skimmer)
      > are not "certified" to work under Win7. It's best if you check out any SDR
      > software for Win7 compatibility.
      >

      > Good luck ....Garry, VE4VA

    • Bill Davis
      Message 2 of 12 , May 21, 2014
         The D44 will run under Windows 7 32bit and 68bit here with Rocky only at 48k. However with a soundblaster XFi SB1090 USB soundcard Rocky runs fine at 96k. In daily use for panadapters here.

        73  Bill  K0AWU