RE: [softrock40] Re: UHFSDR

  • MIKE DURKIN
    Message 1 of 89 , Jan 1, 2011
      Thats kinda what i figured. Iv been playing with WonderRadio V1.01 trying to hear the differences from left and right during Tx but i think my laptop hardware is on the poor side (or it never really worked - since the company is out of business). Sampling had to be set at 4800 just to be intelligible. I was expecting one of the soundcards audio lines to be inverted in a fashion that could be heard through the speakers. Guess ill just haft to trust that the image during Tx can and will be nulled and get a kit and build it. Im wanting to use it from 1.8Mhz to the top of 440( LSB/USB and FM). Still wonder if the Devide by 2 is really necessary all the time ... but i guess ill understand that part later.

      Mike
      KC7NOA

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: brainerd@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 17:06:37 -0800
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: UHFSDR

      Mike:
        Sideband suppression is done the same as in any Softrock type SDR transmitter.  The software generates the I and Q audio signals.  These are mixed in the mixers with the I and Q RF signals and combined.  One sideband gets canceled and the other gets reinforced.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://wb6dhw.com>

      On 1/1/2011 4:33 PM, MIKE DURKIN wrote:
      Can some one point me in the direction of how the side band suppression is done during Tx using the UHFSDR/Si570 .... looking at the schematic im not grasping how the image is suppressed ..

      Mike
      KC7NOA

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: n0ure@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 00:12:47 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: UHFSDR

      Alan, if not too late please add my name to the 'interest' list.

      John Clark

      TI4/N0URE

    • aa9wqham@aol.com
      Message 89 of 89 , Jan 5, 2011

        Tuned in and my mouse is hovering over my paypal icon... ok I am exaggerating a little. I eagerly await and hope the new hot water heater I have to by tomorrow doesn't cross over in to the radio budget :-( don't worry to much I will persevere!!!

        Larry W9AMR

        In a message dated 1/5/2011 11:06:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, alan.r.hill@... writes:

        I am in the process of collecting all the parts for the entire UHFSDR kit so yes,  I am still on track to provide them.  However, a few of the needed parts are back ordered so I cannot say when I will be ready.

        The current plan is for thirty kits.  No one needs to pay until I announce the price.  Some parts are cheaper and some are more costly than estimated so I am still compiling the total costs.

        Stay tuned.

        Alan – W6ARH

        Is this still open for takers? I would certainly be interested in a full kit of parts for the UHFSDR. Please sign me up.

        73's Bill - KA0B