Re: UHFSDR Full Kits

  • Sivan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
      Thanks Dave.

      I am wondering whether it would make sense for Alan to offer a kit containing both the UHFSDR and your BPF. I realize that Dave's BPF design only covers HF, so it may not be relevant to people who want the UHFSDR for VHF and UHF, but it may still be a good combination for some, at least if the cost is reasonable.

      Sivan

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Dave - WB6DHW <brainerd@...> wrote:

      > Siven:
      > True. The UHFSDR does not include filters. You will need band pass filters
      > for receive. For transmit, you will need either band pass filters or low pass
      > filters.
      >
      > Dave - WB6DHW
      > <http://wb6dhw.com>
      >
      > On 1/1/2011 12:48 AM, Sivan wrote:
      > > Alan,
      > >
      > > Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?
      > >
      > > Thanks, Sivan
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox"<alan.r.hill@> wrote:
      > >> Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
      > >> components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
      > >> can.
      > >>
      > >> 73's
      > >>
      > >> Alan - W6ARH

    • The Silver Fox
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011

        I will consider doing it but at the moment I do not know what it entails.

        Happy New Year

        73’s

        Alan – W6ARH