Re: [softrock40] Re: UHFSDR Full Kits

  • Dave - WB6DHW
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
      Siven:
      True. The UHFSDR does not include filters. You will need band pass filters
      for receive. For transmit, you will need either band pass filters or low pass
      filters.

      Dave - WB6DHW
      <http://wb6dhw.com>

      On 1/1/2011 12:48 AM, Sivan wrote:
      > Alan,
      >
      > Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?
      >
      > Thanks, Sivan
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox"<alan.r.hill@...> wrote:
      >> Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
      >> components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
      >> can.
      >>
      >> 73's
      >>
      >> Alan - W6ARH

    • Sivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
        Thanks Dave.

        I am wondering whether it would make sense for Alan to offer a kit containing both the UHFSDR and your BPF. I realize that Dave's BPF design only covers HF, so it may not be relevant to people who want the UHFSDR for VHF and UHF, but it may still be a good combination for some, at least if the cost is reasonable.

        Sivan

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Dave - WB6DHW <brainerd@...> wrote:

        > Siven:
        > True. The UHFSDR does not include filters. You will need band pass filters
        > for receive. For transmit, you will need either band pass filters or low pass
        > filters.
        >
        > Dave - WB6DHW
        > <http://wb6dhw.com>
        >
        > On 1/1/2011 12:48 AM, Sivan wrote:
        > > Alan,
        > >
        > > Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?
        > >
        > > Thanks, Sivan
        > >
        > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox"<alan.r.hill@> wrote:
        > >> Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
        > >> components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
        > >> can.
        > >>
        > >> 73's
        > >>
        > >> Alan - W6ARH

      • The Silver Fox
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011

          I will consider doing it but at the moment I do not know what it entails.

          Happy New Year

          73’s

          Alan – W6ARH