Re: UHFSDR Full Kits

  • Sivan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
      Alan,

      Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?

      Thanks, Sivan

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

      > Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
      > components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
      > can.
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Alan - W6ARH

    • Dave - WB6DHW
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
        Siven:
        True. The UHFSDR does not include filters. You will need band pass filters
        for receive. For transmit, you will need either band pass filters or low pass
        filters.

        Dave - WB6DHW
        <http://wb6dhw.com>

        On 1/1/2011 12:48 AM, Sivan wrote:
        > Alan,
        >
        > Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?
        >
        > Thanks, Sivan
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox"<alan.r.hill@...> wrote:
        >> Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
        >> components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
        >> can.
        >>
        >> 73's
        >>
        >> Alan - W6ARH

      • Sivan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011
          Thanks Dave.

          I am wondering whether it would make sense for Alan to offer a kit containing both the UHFSDR and your BPF. I realize that Dave's BPF design only covers HF, so it may not be relevant to people who want the UHFSDR for VHF and UHF, but it may still be a good combination for some, at least if the cost is reasonable.

          Sivan

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Dave - WB6DHW <brainerd@...> wrote:

          > Siven:
          > True. The UHFSDR does not include filters. You will need band pass filters
          > for receive. For transmit, you will need either band pass filters or low pass
          > filters.
          >
          > Dave - WB6DHW
          > <http://wb6dhw.com>
          >
          > On 1/1/2011 12:48 AM, Sivan wrote:
          > > Alan,
          > >
          > > Even with the full kits, actually using it will require an external set of bandpass filters, right? Or did I miss something?
          > >
          > > Thanks, Sivan
          > >
          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox"<alan.r.hill@> wrote:
          > >> Happy New Year everyone. Ringing in the new year I am ordering the
          > >> components for the kits and will post the availability and cost as soon as I
          > >> can.
          > >>
          > >> 73's
          > >>
          > >> Alan - W6ARH

        • The Silver Fox
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2011

            I will consider doing it but at the moment I do not know what it entails.

            Happy New Year

            73’s

            Alan – W6ARH