Re: [softrock40] Interesting Novelty.. 2 SRs at once♠ [1 Attachment]

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
      Nice, Alan. I am able to use SDR Radio in both modes (local and remote) at the same time but there is interaction with regard to 'taking over' of sound and frequency control when someone accesses my remote server. I recently over came this by using a different program from SDR Radio for the local enjoyment while leaving the remote server open for others to access. It seemed to work quite well... however, I woke up this morning to hear no 'monitor' audio on my remote connection. Not sure why that is... I am patiently waiting for someone to 'disconnect' so that I can 'reboot' the system.

      Nice day to you...

      Bruce
      --

      On 12/2/2010 9:04 AM, Alan wrote:

      Just to go one better...

      Attached screenshot shows two USB tuneable ABPF Softrocks working
      simultaneously.
      This shows Pebble set to control a USB AVR set to serial number PE0FKO-1.
      Until other programs are able to select a particular AVR this has to be
      started first to ensure that the second program does not take the wrong AVR.
      I THINK this can be done by plugging a second USB in after the first is
      started.

      Radio Australia in one ear, 20m in the other, six other Softrocks in the
      background, total CPU ~27%. Perhaps somebody could put this to better use.

      When Simon finally gets round to coding for Softrocks we must ask him to
      make the USB selection available, useful for the Server and Console to be
      run independently.
      And the PSDR variants..

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5667 (20101202) __________