Re: [softrock40] Re: QRP2000 USB-Controlled Synthesizer - Unknown Device (USB)

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi Alan,

      Something else interesting.
      If I try to click on Reboot (Si570 TAB in CFGSR_V1.3.exe) I have the same issue.
      The device is no more recognized and I have to restart the PC.

      73
      Dan
      YO3GGX

      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 6, 2010
        Hi,

        I have tried during the weekend to extract all other USB devices (around 8) and check that the RXTX Ensemble and QRP2000 are recognised by Windows XP with a positive result.
        Then adding USB devices one by one to find who is the conflicting one.
        The answer is: the USB KVM switch (ATEN using a Logitech USB keyboard and a VX Nano cordless mouse). If this is not connected when the Softrock is connected, then it is recognized each time when plugged without problems.
        The same happen with both Softrock and QRP2000, so fore sure a different type/version of firmware does not help.

        It seems for me that the USB to I2C chip/firmware has some incompatibilities most probable with the USB mouse, even at the current version of firmware.

        73
        Dan
        YO3GGX
        WebSDR: http://yo3ggx.1p.ro:8765/

        On 11/30/2010 11:39 PM, g8voip wrote:

        Hi Dan,

        You might not see the same problem with the Ensemble, as that uses Fred PE0FKO's upgraded version of the AVR firmware, where the QRP2000 USB Synth still uses the original DG8SAQ v1.4 firmware, which does have an odd bug in it.

        I have swapped the firmware in the couple of USB synths I have here to Fred's version and not had any problem.

        I actually used one of my modified USB synths as the test bed for all of the beta firmware testing Ihave done for Fred since v15.09.

        73, Bob G8VOI