Re: [softrock40] Re: KB9YIG RX Ensemble II

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
      The Si570 chip can be used with Rocky but not as continuous tuning. You still have to establish a list of LOs but from there you can tune around at your heart's content within the parameters of your sound card resolution and SDR filters.

      bet
      ----

      On 11/2/2010 5:06 PM, hughgibs wrote:

      >I don't think Simon has yet released a version in which it is operable.

      OK.. Could be.. If it is just receive, I still like Rocky very much.. the waterfall has excellent contrast in 'super resolution' mode- Nothing yet has come close for picking up the extremely weak signals. Pitty Rocky seems frozen for now, and does not support the Si570 chip.

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5586 (20101102) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • g3sew
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
        A few days ago I asked on the SDR-Radio group if Simon would be working on a TX option for for his software, and his reply was resonably encouraging:

        The current priorities are more-or-less

        1) Fixing some bugs (next two days)

        2) HF Radio integration

        3) Whatever Pieter needs

        Now if Pieter keeps quiet I'll get on with the TX side. At the moment I don't have a SDR transmitter.

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV, http://sdr-radio.com

        So if there is anyone around with a softrock TX they could loan him, that might speed things up a touch.

        Lee G3SEW